Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meetings - Meeting time error on email notifications

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
allan.stableford
185 Views, 1 Reply

Meetings - Meeting time error on email notifications

Using the Meetings function in ACC Design Collaboration or Model Coordination seems to have an error relating to the time and timezones. See screenshot of ACC on left, Outlook email on right.

Meeting time set to 2pm/14:00. Downloading the meeting as an .ics file adds it to your calendar correctly. 

However, the email received when sharing the meeting to invitees shows the times incorrectly. As screenshot shown as 05:00 PM. (not 24 hour clock either). It also then seas GMT +03:00 which is not correct either.

ACCMeetingTime2.jpg

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Just to update in-case anyone else experiences the same.

Autodesk support informed me that the time stated in the email is in accordance with the time zone of the project settings. An oversight in my opinion. 

So in my case, as Autodesk guidance, I now have to set the time zone of my project to reflect where the main users reside, instead of the project location. This is within the Project Admin - Settings. This is surely incorrect behaviour. The project settings should resemble the project location!

Note, that this will still be incorrect for users in different timezones. The whole point of ACC is collaboration, but Autodesk didn't account for multiple timezones on a project.

Also note, that this is not documented in help, and the tooltip is incorrect.

ACCMeetingTime3.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report