Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Permission Change in ACC as of 9-14-2023

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
brucegund
364 Views, 3 Replies

Issue Permission Change in ACC as of 9-14-2023

Hello,

I am creating new projects in ACC. Typically, once a new project is created, I set Issue Permissions in Issue Settings. I like to do this by Role. This way I am confident when adding a new member and assigning them a Role they will have the correct permissions for Issues. Since this is unavailable in the project template I do it manually every time I create a new project.

Today, though, when going into Issue Settings, Permissions, to add a New Permission, Roles are unavailable except for those Roles assigned to members already accepted in the project. 

So, I tested this by changing the role of one of the members. I could then see the new role in the Issues Settings Permissions. But what good does this do? I will now have to manage, every time a new member is added, their Issue Permission by Role? And then once that one person with that new Role is added then all new members with that Role assigned are good? This makes no sense. Is this a new change? Why was it changed? I looked at the Help and it says by default Issues are by Role? How is this possible if I cannot add roles?

I do not look forward to having to manage this now for all new members when adding them to a project... Please explain.

Thanks,

Bruce

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Chad-Smith
in reply to: brucegund

@brucegund Can you do a check, in the front-end when creating an Issue, is the list of Roles there also restricted?

We recently put feedback to ADSK that in the user front-end that the Roles list needed to be restricted to just the Roles of the members in that project. This way you don't select a Role that has not been assigned to a member. This change would bring it into line with how BIM 360 works.

I can see a full list of Roles in the front-end, but it is restricted in the issue settings.

It looks like they have implemented this the wrong way around.

Message 3 of 4
brucegund
in reply to: Chad-Smith

Chad,

Yes. I can see the full list in the front end. This does not help if the role is not available in the Issue permissions.... I would say Autodesk got it backwards. It needs to be a full list in Permissions in Issue Settings and limited in the front-end when an Issue is created. I agree with your reasoning, but Autodesk needs to correct....

Thanks,

Bruce

Message 4 of 4
Chad-Smith
in reply to: brucegund

Thanks for the front-end confirmation. I'll put this feedback back through our internal channels to Autodesk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report