Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a document with all the details and information contained in a cad file

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
g.rivelli
489 Views, 4 Replies

Generate a document with all the details and information contained in a cad file

Hi,

Is it possible to display the information content of a 3D file in a table or document / exel sheet?

I give an example: we have cad files where we can see the dimensions of the product we sell, would it be possible to view them in tabular format like this?

tabella prodotto.png

We need a document, preferably a table format, to contain the dimensions of the individual items and the name we give to the file in order to display them on our e-commerce site. the customer will thus be able to see the various articles with various sizes. I hope I have clearly explained our need.

Thank you for your attention and I hope to see you soon.

Yours sincerely

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bartek.kulig
in reply to: g.rivelli

Hi @g.rivelli,

Thank you for this question.

This can be done, however not in BIM 360 Platform itself, but at the project-level.

There is no such feature that allows BIM 360 to read all of the required data of the multiple stored files and create a spreadsheet containing all of them. 
I believe this can be done in the source file (origin file) where the data comes from - depending on what kind of software you are using.

You can also try to look for Third-party Apps and Custom Integrations to see whether it is possible using any of them.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding this.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Bartek Kulig
Global Product Support

Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 3 of 5
g.rivelli
in reply to: bartek.kulig

Hello ,

Thanks a lot for the answer. 

I need to ask you two more things, please can you clarify these two points:

- source file do you mean the cad file, or the file of the owner or the creator of the file? I ask you this because the files in my possession are not my creations, but already existing files that I use. Do I have the possibility, in my case, to intervene on the source file?

- can BIM 360 read the data of a single stored cad file and create a spreadsheet that contains only the information of the single file? for example: 1 calculation table for 1 file only? For my work it could also be fine to create individual spreadsheets as long as they contain the information of the product contained in the file.

I hope I have correctly expressed my questions.

Thank you for your availability.

Yours sincerely

Message 4 of 5
bartek.kulig
in reply to: g.rivelli

Hi @g.rivelli,

Thank you for your response.

By source file, I mean the file where the data (information) comes from. If this is a CAD file, then this is your source file. So the originator, creator of this file should be able to extract this kind of data in the form of a spreadsheet.

Regarding the second question - there is no such a possibility yet. This should be done in the main file by the creator and uploaded to BIM 360.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Bartek Kulig
Global Product Support

Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 5 of 5
g.rivelli
in reply to: bartek.kulig

Hi ,

Thank you so much for your availability and support.

Yours sincerely

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report