Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File downloads being blocked in Chrome

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jheltz27
1845 Views, 7 Replies

File downloads being blocked in Chrome

Within the past week or so, my Consultants / Owner have been telling me that Chrome is blocking downloads of any files I post to BIM 360. See screenshot below.  This appears to happen mainly for any .ZIP files. The header for the download page also appears to be for Fusion now.  Did something change recently that is affecting the security of these downloads?  This is becoming an issue.

Revit Architecture Certified Professional
AU 2015, 2017 & 2019
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
s.odwyer
in reply to: jheltz27

Seems to be working fine for me. 

Have you BIM360 allowed as an exception to you antivirus? Is there pop up blockers disabled?

Sean

Message 3 of 8
jheltz27
in reply to: s.odwyer

I'm not really certain on their end but on mine, pop-ups are being allowed and it isn't being blocked by my antivirus.  It's Chrome itself from the BIM 360 site.  Sometimes it gives the warning about it being blocked and still allows it to download.  It only seems to occur with ZIP files.  PDFs & RVT files are fine.  This never occurred before a week or so ago.

AU 2015, 2017 & 2019
Message 4 of 8
jheltz27
in reply to: s.odwyer

Also, when the Shared Link is ON - it will not allow download (and routes through Fusion)  If the Shared Link is OFF - it will give the warning, but still download (and routes through BIM 360)

AU 2015, 2017 & 2019
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Some users here are getting Chrome intermittently blocking DWF/DWFx file download, flagged as hostile, but then later it isn't. Files are on BIM 360 Team, shared link status on/off doesn't impact this for me. 

Have tried the fixes Google mention (clearing caches etc) here but doesn't seem to help. Hard to trace as is intermittent for a given user with the same file/share link.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

From our IT with the warning that the following steps will turn of phishing and malware warnings, as well as download warnings.

In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu.

• Select Settings.
  • Click Show advanced settings.
  • Go to “Privacy and security”
  • Then go to “Sync and Google Services”
  • In here the 3rd option should be “safe browsing” which you will need to turn off for you to be able to download from that website.
Message 7 of 8
Edgaras.BIM.old
in reply to: Anonymous

Have the same issue. But this problem should be solved by Autodeks and Google. No of my clients will make such changes to the Chrome browser. Then the deadline of project is near all such problems become very big. In this case Common data environment CDE is failing and every body is using e-mail to send files 😤😭

Message 8 of 8
Edgaras.BIM.old

You can try to follow these steps. 

Filo atsiuntimas A360 04.PNGFilo atsiuntimas A360 05.PNGFilo atsiuntimas A360 06.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report