Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Collaboration - Teams

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1054 Views, 12 Replies

Design Collaboration - Teams

Hello, 

Is there a way to delete a team or to change the path?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
martyn.messerli
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous, at the current state you can only "Deactivate" teams which are not in use or you want to hide. After deactivating teams, you can go ahead and delete the related folders in the default path, Shared folder and Consumed folders of the other teams.

We currently do not support complete deletion of a team, and there are no plans to allow changing source folder for a team. Unfortunately, there is also no way to move folders within Docs, which could maye solve your problem.

I hope this answers your question?

Regards

Martyn

Martyn Messerli
Software Engineer
Message 3 of 13

@martyn.messerli We really need the ability to move the folders. It's too limiting not being able to do so.

For others reading this thread, I have opened a new Idea for this if you want to up vote it.

Message 4 of 13

@Chad-Smith Thanks for that valuable input and for creating the idea. I agree, it would be nice to have this feature. I hope this idea gets some attention!

Martyn Messerli
Software Engineer
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: martyn.messerli

I had a user create a team but selected the top tear folder on accident. All of the team folders are inside of this folder with models loaded and everything set up. We now cannot invite teams to Design Collaboration because this was the first folder added. Does this mean we need to, delete the folder and subfolders, recreate them and have everyone reload their Revit files? 

Message 6 of 13
martyn.messerli

@Anonymous This is very unfortuntate and should not be possible to do. Seems like there is check missing on our end to prevent that from happening. I appologize for that.

I'm not sure whether this is possible and I ask you to try that: You should be able to delete teams if they have never consumed or shared a model. I hope this is the case for that new team? Can you therefore try to delete the team in the Project Administration page and when it asks to also delete the folders in docs, you do NOT select this option. This should remove the team from Design Collaboration but keep all folders as is.

Maybe this option is not available depending on the checks we have in place and because the team folder is not empty. But is is worth a try.

-Martyn

Martyn Messerli
Software Engineer
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

@martyn.messerli Thanks for the reply. What tab under Project Admin can I delete the team? I tried deleting the shared and consumed folder but it did not help. 

Message 8 of 13
martyn.messerli

@Anonymous  Thanks for the update. Please do never delete the "Shared" folder, but maybe you ment the team folder in shared?

In the Design Collaboration Admin page, where you can manage teams, one can select one team to manage that team. One option is "Deactivate", which will not help in your case, another option is "Delete" a team. This will only show up when a team had no interaction (Sharing, Consuming). This is the only way a customer can remove a team from Design Collaboration and which would resolve your problem.

In the screenshot you can see only one(!) Team selected and the available delete button in the Design Collaboration Administration page. Can you also see this button?

DeleteTeam.png

It might be that you will first see a message when you open the Admnistration page for Design Collaboration due the deleted folder, which we want to restore. Make sure you fix first all folders with this dialog and then reload the page again to try the Delete Team operation.

-Regards

Martyn

Martyn Messerli
Software Engineer
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Yes, I did mean the individual team share folder. 

I cannot delete it because the package and share function has been used. We ended up moving all of the other folders and files out to a new location. It would be nice though if we could move the team folder. 

Thanks for your help. 

Message 10 of 13

Hi M

@martyn.messerli wrote:

@Anonymous This is very unfortuntate and should not be possible to do. Seems like there is check missing on our end to prevent that from happening. I appologize for that.

-Martyn

Hi Martyn,

We've just had a similar issue occur; it seems there is not enough 'safety' checking within BIM360.
We had a situation where several Teams were created in a project, new top-level folders were created to break the project into 'work zones', permissions applied to these new folders on a per-Team basis, then the original Team top-level folders were deleted. There were no warnings issued during this process - yet it became apparent very rapidly that deleting the top-level team folders (for some reason?) removed the ability for any Team to publish their work.

Some sort of a warning (or even a note in the documentation) that deleting the top-level folders is a Bad Idea would be nice - maybe even removing the ability to delete these folders if doing so causes so much other functionality to fail.

Message 11 of 13

@adrian.esdaile I assume you performed those operations in BIM360 Docs where Design Collaboration has no control on what a user does (at the current state). I understand the need for a warning when an operation is performed which can negativly impact other services. And I apologize that we can't give you any help in this regards for now.

The fact, that folders can't be moved is also very unfortunate, since this would probably already solve some of the issues we have when organizing the team folders and the need to reorganize them after they have been created.

@Anonymous Since the project has already consumed and shared data, it is not possible to fix this inconsistency. Can you maybe provide the steps to setup the project as you did. As mention, it should not be possible to do so and I assume you have found a way.

-Martyn

Martyn Messerli
Software Engineer
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Sure,

Folder Structure was as follows. 

Live Revit Models

- Team1

- Team2

- Team3

Live Revit Files was accidentally selected as Team1's folder for Design Collaboration. This prevented us from adding Team2 and Team3 to Design Collaboration.

New folder Structure

Team1 (Renamed this folder since it was Team1 DC folder)

-Team1

Live Revit Models (Created New folder)

-Team2 (DC folder)

-Team3 (DC folder)

Message 13 of 13
jaeho_leeXQQ5S

Has this issue been solved in 2023?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report