Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud vs Absolute path

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rpriestas
851 Views, 3 Replies

Cloud vs Absolute path

We have about 15 different people working on 1 project, however, whenever I open the project, it repaths all of the linked revit files to an absolute path located on my machine.  It doesn't do this with any other user.  I can repath all of the files to the cloud, where they live, and all is fine.  I sync and can carry on. If I close the project, and open it back up, the path is still correct.  However, if I close Revit completely and open the project again, it switches back to an abosolute path.  Having to repath 23 different links every day is a bit time consuming.  Does anyone know why this is happening to only one user and how to fix it? 

absolute.PNGcloud.PNG

I also get this error several times when I'm repathing the links

error.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HGC-Jchandler
in reply to: rpriestas

If you haven't already, you might try clearing your local cache files so that Revit pulls down new copies on open. I haven't run into this specific issue but this has worked for me in the past with other similar issues. It may clear out whatever is pointing back to your AppData directory. 

Message 3 of 4
rpriestas
in reply to: HGC-Jchandler

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that I tried clearing the local cache already and it didn't change anything.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rpriestas

Did you ever find a resolution to this, rpriestas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report