Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change subfolder for shared model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
samuele.fuda
463 Views, 3 Replies

Change subfolder for shared model

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with shared models directory. As you can see in the pic attached, we have created a WIP folder for each discipline, each discipline folder has multiple subfolders (drawings PDF, DWG, etc.). We created a teams for each discipline and the SHARED folder, which has the same folder and subfolder structure. Now, when I create a package of a model from Design Collaboration and I share it, it goes in the correct shared folder, but I cannot choose the specific subfolder (in this case 3.3_models (rvt)). So everytime I share a model I have to delete the previous version from the subfolder, move the new one in the correct subfolder and then, when I open a rvt file, I have to reload the model, because obviously it is a different one from before. Now this can't be the right workflow, so I'm wondering if I can change the folder where the shared model it is created, so it will automatically update the version of the model. I hope to have been clear enough. Thanks!

BIM360.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@samuele.fuda I think the description was very clear. It is correct, currently sharing a package will flattens the structure as you have mention it.

I also wouldn't recomment to move nor delete files as the file history is an important feature for Design Collaboration!

I didn't check but the workflow you currently describe will always reset the version of the shared file to v1 (since it is a new file) which will cause problems for the application or the tools to properly function. Thinking of comparing versions and related new features we introduce in the new Autodesk Construction Cloud.

I applologize for all your inconveniance. I strongly suggest that you don't touch the shared files (move or delete). I think there are plans to keep the structure also for the shared folder but I can't tell whether and when it will be implemented in the product.

Regards

Martyn

Martyn Messerli
Software Engineer
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your replay. So if I get what you said, at the moment I cannot change the shared file path in a specific subfolder within the shared folder, but I have to keep the shared model in the main discipline shared folder, Am I correct?

Message 4 of 4

@samuele.fuda Correct

Martyn Messerli
Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report