Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM 360 on Education - Demo project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JuanYusta
522 Views, 3 Replies

BIM 360 on Education - Demo project

Hi all!,

We share with you the video record of the project "BIM 360 EDU" of the 'Architectural and Structural Drawing and Modeling' career at the Duoc UC Institute of Santiago, Chile.

I want to tell you that I developed a training project for technical education students on BIM 360, students of the degree were trained in the Autodesk BIM 360 platform, which will work on their BIM projects remotely and with effective collaboration in the cloud. This helped us to telecommute in a pandemic. We work with BIM 360 Design and Document Management.

This pilot project is the only one of its kind and it is the first adoption of BIM 360 in an educational environment at least in the country (I don't know if in the world?), With the purpose that the students after graduating, go out into the labor field with the knowledge and management in one of the most used BIM platforms in the construction industry today.

All this was possible thanks to the support of 'Sonda MCO' (Autodesk representative in Chile) who lent us licenses and trained on the platform, in addition to the teaching team made up of Alvaro Gonzalez and Juan Yusta.

What do you think? Have you heard of other cases of BIM 360 in universities or institutions?
I would like to read your comments, we are very proud of the result.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DeepakMaini
in reply to: JuanYusta

Looks brilliant @JuanYusta. Great job. I am sure the students will definitely benefit from this kind of program. All the best. Cheers

Deepak Maini
ENGINEER | AUTHOR | SPEAKER | MENTOR | PODCASTER
www.deepakmaini.com
Message 3 of 4
JuanYusta
in reply to: DeepakMaini

Thanks @DeepakMaini , for the students it has been a great experience, collaborating remotely in this context is essential.
Our idea is that when students graduate, they already know how to use this platform, so there will be more users trained in the medium term.

Message 4 of 4

BIM 360, a comprehensive cloud-based [platform] for construction and design project management, has found valuable applications in the field of education. A demo project utilizing BIM 360 can serve as an invaluable educational tool for students in architecture, engineering, and construction management programs. Such a project can provide hands-on experience with real-world construction and design processes, helping students to understand the practical applications of BIM technology. By simulating various project scenarios within BIM 360, educators can equip their students with the skills and knowledge needed for careers in the AEC (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction) industry. This innovative approach not only enhances learning but also prepares students to excel in an increasingly technology-driven field.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report