Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B360 & Navisworks Workflows - what happened.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TommyNYC
335 Views, 2 Replies

B360 & Navisworks Workflows - what happened.

Hi all,

We utilize B360 to federate our Revit models resulting in a cloud based fed model.

NW is used to save an NWF/D of the cloud model for traditional workflows not yet avail on 360.

Formats/tools:

• SVF format builds the fed model on B360.
  • NW Coordination Add in / Desktop Connector to translate to NW.

Issues:

1. NW (Post 2021) doesn't support SVF files.
  2. Desktop connector V16 doesn't seem to support NW workflows (syncing versions to the cloud)

Can anyone shed light on what is going on? We have followed the use case for cloud based processes and it seems we are being cut off.

Thanks - Tom

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SRushmoreLDG
in reply to: TommyNYC

With release 16 (11/2022) of Desktop Connector, multiple Navisworks workflows no longer work. I would suggest rolling back ADC to version 15.x to see if that alleviates your issue.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/CONNECT/ENU/?guid=Version_Comparison_Desktop_Connector#are-navisworks...

Please click the Accept Solution button if my reply answers your question.

LinkedIn: steven-rushmore

Steven Rushmore
Corporate BIM/CAD Manager
Larson Design Group
Message 3 of 3
TommyNYC
in reply to: TommyNYC

I was more hoping for Adesk to give some insight into why B360 so badly supports NW. Without transparency on future updates I will need to rethink pushing old processes into B360 modules. Not on ACC yet but it will be more of the same.

Hard to understand.

Why take SVF File reader away.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report