Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Attributes to BIM360 Windows Explorer Folders

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DraganWAV42
600 Views, 4 Replies

Adding Attributes to BIM360 Windows Explorer Folders

Hi Everybody,

As we are working more and more with DMS's where you can search/organise by the attributes we would like to do that too in BIM360. On the website currently we can, but most our designers use the Windows Explorer BIM360 folder to interact with BIM360. Can you guys add the custom attributes that you can make on the site to the BIM360 Windows explorer folder or know a way to do that? Currently we can only add the standard BIM360 attributes.. I'd guess we could also be able to add others?

This would help a bunch with making file names a lot shorter since we don't have to organise it by a map structure but we can just sort by attributes and keep the Shared/Xrefs/3D references in 1 folder! 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jens.krause
in reply to: DraganWAV42

Dear @DraganWAV42 

Thank you for you contribution. This is a very good idea for a future product enhancement.

I would recommend you to post this idea on our "BIM 360 Idea Station". The proposals can gather support from other users there and the top-voted ideas are taken into account by our development team on a regular basis for new features in product updates.

Here is the link to the idea station: BIM 360 Ideas 

Please let me know if you have questions or if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

Jens Krause
Autodesk Support Team
Message 3 of 5
DraganWAV42
in reply to: jens.krause

Hey Jens,

I've posted it on the Idea's section weirdly enough I didn't post it in there, but in the BIM 360 support part, sorry for that! 

Kind regards,

Dragan

Message 4 of 5
oosterop
in reply to: DraganWAV42

Can this threat been deleted from the support part then? It is [solved] but this isn't because it was just the idea.

Kr Erwin

Message 5 of 5
oosterop
in reply to: jens.krause

Can this threat been deleted from the support part then? It is [solved] but this isn't because it was just the idea.

Kr Erwin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report