Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACC; Turn off vector pdf function by default

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Ryan_Holland_LDP
573 Views, 10 Replies

ACC; Turn off vector pdf function by default

ACC; Turn off vector pdf function by default and allow this to be turned on

Can Autodesk please turn off the vector pdf functionality that was added last year on pdf files by default.

Whilst sometimes it is useful to be able to snap measurement tools to points in the drawing and occasionally turn off layers, loading up a vector pdf can take much longer than the original standard pdf which slows us down looking at lots of drawings, multiple page reports, using the compare tool, printing etc. The user experience when looking through drawings etc is now more cumbersome and slower than before, I consider this a backwards step. 

I find it particularly annoying on multiple page documents such as reports etc, where using the new page navigation buttons turns you to the next page, the text will appear for a second and is ok, and then the vector will load slowly and the lineweights are really thick so then makes reading the document very difficult. I have started using the 'view in browser' option, which means I can read the report properly as I want to, but it defauts the point of the system as I then can't add markups / issues, etc.

It's a poor decision to have this turned on by default all of the time. 

This feature should be able to be turned on/off by default by project admins within the project settings page, and there should be a toggle in the navigation toolbar in the ACC Viewer to turn the functionality on/off (similar to used to be on BIM 360 to turn off issues and markups). 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
RSomppi
in reply to: Ryan_Holland_LDP

Are you aware of the IDEAS forum?

Message 3 of 11
Ryan_Holland_LDP
in reply to: RSomppi

I am thanks, I've posted it there as well, although no one from Autodesk responds there so a bit of waste of effort.

Message 4 of 11
RSomppi

They actually implement ideas posted there. They've been doing for years now. So, no, not a waste of time.

Message 5 of 11
Ryan_Holland_LDP

I've been engaged with BIM360/ACC for years and have seen a significant drop in contributions on the Ideas hub from Autodesk employees over the past few year so I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, thanks though. 

Message 6 of 11
RSomppi

@Ryan_Holland_LDP wrote:

have seen a significant drop in contributions on the Ideas hub from Autodesk employees over the past few year

That's not what I was referring to.

Message 7 of 11
Ryan_Holland_LDP

I didn't mean contributions as in new ideas, I meant engaging with the community on the ideas presented. Maybe they do listen and add them to the system, but they could be clearer about this and engage more actively in my opinion. 

Anyway, do you have any thoughts on the original suggestion regarding vector pdf's?

Message 8 of 11
RSomppi

@Ryan_Holland_LDP wrote:

Anyway, do you have any thoughts on the original suggestion regarding vector pdf's?

Yeah, but you disagree that you should be over in the IDEAS forum where people post ideas.

Message 9 of 11
Ryan_Holland_LDP

It's already posted on the Ideas forum so happy to pick up the discussion there. 

Thanks 

Message 10 of 11
RSomppi

I was just trying to help.

You do you.

I'm out.

Message 11 of 11

I haven't tried that, but that would be a good topic for another experiment. I would just have to convert some code files into a single PDF or find another plugin which accepts more file types https://showbox.bio/  https://tutuapp.uno/ .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report