Community
BIM 360 Plan Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Plan Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Plan topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export out option in BIM 360 PLAN

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
3814 Views, 14 Replies

Export out option in BIM 360 PLAN

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to export out the GNATT charts developed on BIM360 PLAN as excel spreadsheets?

Thanks,

Nanditha

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
mike.davison
in reply to: Anonymous

We do not currently have an export feature in BIM 360 Plan, but will consider putting it on our roadmap if other users vote for this feature.

mike.d

Head of BIM 360 Product Management & UX
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: mike.davison

In this excerpt from the Features and Benefits page on the website it advertises "Export your plan to create custom reports or initiate further analysis".  I'd like to know where I can learn more about this feature please.

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 9.27.57 AM.png

Message 4 of 15
fpensa

I strongly support... any news or reaction to this thread?
Message 5 of 15
mike.davison

The web page you mentioned is talking about exporting reports in PDF format. That feature is available in Plan already. I believe this thread is asking for a feature to export data from Plan - in excel or maybe another data format.

mike.d

Message 6 of 15
mike.davison

Thanks for your support for this request . I don't have an update on this enhancement request. i'm hearing some more support from a few other customers as well. At this time I don't have an estimated date for release, but will i'm hearing some more support from a few other customers as well. At this time I don't have an estimated date for release, but we'll continue tracking this issue.

mike.d

Message 7 of 15
fpensa

Hi Mike, I was referring to the first message of this conversation indeed, I'm interested in export BIM 360 Plan Data in excel or similar.. see also here http://autode.sk/2cCjbym
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: fpensa

So I found a way to do this - it's ugly but not terrible.  If you save the webpage to your computer and open excel to a new workbook you can use the import HTML feature in Excel to open the HTML file.  You'll get what looks like a lot of garbage but if you scroll down you'll find the table more or less intact.  Copy and past into a new worksheet and you're off to the races.

Message 9 of 15
mike.davison

Hi:

I'm sorry you have to work around the export, but I like your inventiveness.  I also have used a similar workaround - Go to the List View and set the date range and other filters you want, adjust the column widths and order, and then print it to a PDF file.  If you have the Acrobat tool that lets you convert a PDF file to Excel (this is a paid feature), then you can convert the PDF into an excel file that has the data from the List View.

mike.d

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

I landed on this forum because it looked as though the there was a solution to the "Export out option in BIM 360 Plan" I dont really see a solution on this forum though. I only see a workaround that would be very cumbersome for a project team to implement. Am I missing something?

Message 11 of 15
michael.zeppieri

Export to Excel is such a standard feature, I would expect it to be available as a report exporting option. Limitations in the report exporting capability is one of the limitations of Plan that is actually inhibiting adoption, at least for our clients. The workarounds in this thread are a cumbersome alternative.

Message 12 of 15

The ability to export to Excel would be very beneficial if you could consider it please?

Thanks.

Message 13 of 15
nihart
in reply to: stephen.j.adams

I am an Admin at our company. I keep getting this request all the time. So you cna multiply my request by a 100. That said, I have been following this thread and it dates back to 2016. Why is it so difficult to add a download excel or CSV feature? Can we please have this feature added. Thanks. 

Message 14 of 15
nihart
in reply to: stephen.j.adams

I am an Admin at our company. I keep getting this request all the time. So you cna multiply my request by a 100. That said, I have been following this thread and it dates back to 2016. Why is it so difficult to add a download excel or CSV feature? Can we please have this feature added. Thanks. 

Message 15 of 15
12_SALVAGE
in reply to: nihart

2020 and still not CSV or MSP exporting XD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report