Community
BIM 360 Plan Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Plan Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Plan topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Formats

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
3092 Views, 13 Replies

Date Formats

I've been prodding around to find a way to change the date formats. The default position is the American way. For example 10th March shows as "3/10" whereas in the UK we are aligned to "10/3". Is this just a quirk of the system or can it be changed?   

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
mike.davison
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi - unfortunately, the current version is not set up to support other date formats, so there is no way for a user to change this.  Support for other date formats would require an enhancement to the program. 

mike.d

Head of BIM 360 Product Management & UX
Message 3 of 14
Chad-Smith
in reply to: mike.davison

Another request here (Australia) for definitely needing the ability to change the date format.

This is a legal liability issue rather than a general program/user issue.

If someone is contracted to deliver a task by a set date and the date is displayed 'wrong', the contractor now has a get out of jail free card.

In a product like Plan which revolves around scheduling time, having a correctly displayed date format for the region is mission critical.

Having the correct date format is a non-negotiable for use.

Message 4 of 14
mike.davison
in reply to: Chad-Smith

Hi Chad:

I understand your point about the date format being critical for clear communication across the team. I'll update the forum when we have a plan to add international date formats to Plan.

Thanks,

Mike

mike.d

Head of BIM 360 Product Management & UX
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

What ended up happening with this? date formatting really needs to be added asap

@mike.davison wrote:

Hi Chad:

I understand your point about the date format being critical for clear communication across the team. I'll update the forum when we have a plan to add international date formats to Plan.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

I am in the UK, and agree this program is unusable until dates can be appropriately formatted.

Message 7 of 14
ivanatudja

I'm really surprised to see that there hasn't been any progress with such a simple request since 2017. 

Is there a timeline for this to be resolved? We would like to roll out Plan in the UK and we see this as a big issue.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

In a product like Plan which revolves around scheduling time, having a correctly displayed date format for the region is mission critical.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Message 9 of 14
mohammad.salemJA7RE

Hey Autodesk, listen to your customers please, this is critical and we don't have to wait 10 years to get this rolled out.

Message 10 of 14
Peter-Christensen

Hey Autodesk, your products are incredibly expensive. We just spent $40K renewing our licences, and you can't fix this simple issue in nearly 5 years?

Message 11 of 14
Chad-Smith

This is also still an issue in other BIM 360 products.

Date formatting (and Units formatting) in products was a solved coding problem many, many years ago. It's 2022, there is no excuse for it to exist anymore.

It's about time Autodesk moves to storing regional settings in the user's Autodesk profile, not the product.

Message 12 of 14
PeterKnight

Amazing to post in 2023 about an issue from 2017. Shocking development on Autodesk's part. We have the correct date formatting in our Shared folder, which reads "10 Aug 2023". Great. But in Design Collaboration it shows the same file as being "shared on 08/10/2023". Very Bad.

Where are we with this Autodesk? Correct date formats are not a nice-to-have issue. Would be like half the clocks showing mm:ss:hh.

Message 13 of 14
ivanatudja
in reply to: PeterKnight

Hi @PeterKnight - you might want to raise this as a separate topic for visibility, this one was linked to BIM 360 Plan in particular and not other modules.

Message 14 of 14
PeterKnight
in reply to: ivanatudja

Hi @ivanatudja  good call - I've added the issue to the main BIM 360 thread. That said, I have close to zero expectations. I just come here to vent 🙂

Link to new thread:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bim-360-support/bim-360-acc-shows-date-in-different-formats-within-si... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report