Community
BIM 360 Plan Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Plan Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Plan topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Resellers - Does Autodesk still lock in one reseller per company

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Ken.HeinzESP2B
859 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Resellers - Does Autodesk still lock in one reseller per company

I have been out of the loop for purchasing Autodesk Licenses for quite some time now but have been asked to do some research about pricing for BIM Collaboration Pro.  We have been doing business with our current reseller for quite sometime now and are happy with them but was wanting to do some price checking to keep them honest with the pricing they are giving us.

That being said - A long time back Autodesk locked in resellers to a company and if you wanted another reseller to provide a quote as well the first reseller had to pull their quote out of the running so to speak.

Does Autodesk still operate this way or can multiple resellers be contacted without the other knowing?

Just wondering.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Ken. I can't tell you how it used to be. I can tell you how it is now, in general terms. Resellers that sell you licenses become the reseller of record. This allows Autodesk to give that specific reseller a leg up on the competition on license sales margins. That said, you can buy from any reseller today. In fact, if you get a lower price from a competing reseller, they are likely taking a loss on the sale for your future needs (licenses, support, standards, etc).

The one aspect that is a little different is cloud-based "application" licenses. A reseller must be "specialized" to sell BIM Collaborate Pro. The same goes for Autodesk Build. In some cases, you could have different resellers depending on your licensing needs. You may even buy direct from Autodesk as well.

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin Spear, PE
Message 3 of 3

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate you taking the time to clarity how the licenses are sold.
Sincerely,
Rodeoboy38

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report