Community
BIM 360 Ops Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Ops Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Ops topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What exactly is BIM360/ Collaboration for Revit??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1598 Views, 3 Replies

What exactly is BIM360/ Collaboration for Revit??

Hello everyone,,

This might be a really dumb question, but I'm trying to figure out what BIM360 is.

I am a low voltage consultant, and am starting a new project where the client has implied that it would be ideal to use this program. I'm trying to decide if it is worth the subscription fee. My company is fairly small, and Autodesk doesn't exactly price their program to help out the little guy at all.

Can someone help me out with a brief overview?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,,

This might be a really dumb question, but I'm trying to figure out what BIM360 is.

I am a low voltage consultant, and am starting a new project where the client has implied that it would be ideal to use this program https://mobdro.bio/ https://kodi.bio/ . I'm trying to decide if it is worth the subscription fee. My company is fairly small, and Autodesk doesn't exactly price their program to help out the little guy at all.

Can someone help me out with a brief overview?

Thanks in advance.

Out of curiosity, would everyone working in the model need to purchase a seat in order to utilize this? I could maybe justify buying one seat, but one for each coworker would be a pretty insane expense

Message 3 of 4
johnanthony6543

BIM 360 Collaboration for Revit allows multiple project team members to work on the same Revit model simultaneously. It enables real-time collaboration and coordination, reducing the need for manual file sharing and version control.

Message 4 of 4
steinryan28

BIM 360, formerly known as Collaboration for Revit, is a cloud-based platform that allows for collaborative design and worksharing specifically for Revit models. It essentially enables multiple users to work on the same Revit model simultaneously.

Here's a breakdown of the key functionalities:

• Cloud-based Revit Model Collaboration: BIM 360 allows multiple users to access and modify a central Revit model hosted on the cloud. This eliminates the need for emailing files back and forth and reduces the risk of version control issues.
  • Controlled Worksharing: You can control what elements each team member can work on using a concept called worksets. This ensures that different teams don't accidentally overwrite each other's work.
  • Improved Coordination: BIM 360 offers features like clash detection to identify and resolve conflicts between different disciplines' models. This streamlines communication and coordination between teams.
  • Centralized Document Management: In addition to Revit models, BIM 360 provides a central repository for storing and managing all project documents, including drawings, specifications, and submittals.

Want to learn more about BIM 360 Design Collaboration?

Check out this helpful resource BIM 360 Design Collaboration by Tejjy Inc. for a deeper dive into its functionalities.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report