Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bim Glue suggestions for future releases

Bim Glue suggestions for future releases

I've been using Glue for a month or two now and I have a few suggestions for future releases:

1-  When Glueiing multiple models within Revit that are already Glued before, the update model message should have the possibility to apply the update to all selected models at once if desired. Now you have to click on 'update' or 'save new' one model at a time.

1 update model.jpg 

2-  Also when Glueiing in Revit, assign multiple models to a folder. Now you have to select a folder for every model individually. And you have to select every model individually. A ‘select all model’ checkmark should be available.

2 Move selected views to folder.jpg 

3-  A select all and select none checkmark in ‘Select Views’. Or the possibility to use the Ctrl and ****s keys for selection.

3 Select views.jpg 

4-  Remember folder layout adjustments. When first opened, the file name and other information is not entirely visible, see first picture You can drag the columns to fit the information, but when closing this view and returning to the view at another moment, you'll have to do it all again.

4 folder adjustments1.jpg 

4 folder adjustments2.jpg

5a-  The possibility to set the folders to arrange the markups in the entire Glue project at once.

And when a subfolder is added, there is no way to get it out in the root again. That’s a bug in my opinion.

5a Markups subfolder.jpg

5b-  In addition, every markup should have the option to give it a status, just like in Field. Open, Closed, In dispute and maybe some others would come in very handy. Give every status a different color (manually set per project) and everything could be more obvious. 

5b Markup status.jpg 

5c-  A full list of markups, regardless of the model/view were they made in, with the status of the markup, who added the markup, who's action it is etc. would be a very valuable addition to manage all the markups in a right manner. Especially when other parties like architects and MEP engineer collaborate in the design process. Just like the issues in BIM Field. The list of markups in Glue must be able to be transferred easily to BIM Field at the desired time/moment.

5c List markups.jpg 

6-  When adding markups for a few days in a row, I noticed that the markup numbering starts with number one again on every new day. Every markup should have his Unique number.

6 Markup numbering.jpg

7-  Attach a markup to an element and add the feature 'show in Revit' to go back to Revit and highlight that specific element for editing.

8-  Markup text annotation is, once placed in model, not editable or moveable anymore. This also counts for all other annotation available in the markup toolbar.

It should also be nice to split the text into multiple lines.

8-9 Markup text annotation.jpg

9-  An undo function when adding a markup would also be very nice!

10-  Using the links in email notifications. After clicking the link, the BIM Glue application is opened. are opened in a separate BIM Glue window. I would like to open it in the same window, that is already in use.

10 Notifications email.jpg

1 Comment
ahartke
Enthusiast

Specifically items 1-4.  The rest have value, but the first 4 are specific to my needs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report