Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Companies from Projects

Remove Companies from Projects

It is great that with the Enterprise Administration rights, we can view what projects companies are assigned to and how many members.

It would be better if from the same view, if you could remove a company from a project, especially if the company has zero members assigned to the project or if a company was added to a project by accident.  It will help clean up the options that pop up when you are assigning permissions to folders by company.

Thanks

Terry Baylis

32 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this is necessary not only to reduce the options but to reduce the possible errors a user might have when assigning RFIs or Issues to a company... ACME 1, ACME USA, ACME B... It would definitely reduce possible human errors or confusion. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, this is causing a major issue in my project... Any work around?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently working on a big company who is implementing all this Autodesk suites as their one-and-only solution for engineering and construction projects and we are facing that same kind of issues. Hope Autodesk can offer a solution for that as we are using it on a everyday basis.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon 🙂

coordenacaoWG4YR
Observer

Essential feature

rcopley48676
Contributor

+1 This feature would be great. It seems currently there is no way to remove a company from a project, at either project level or account level, is this correct? Unless you delete the company, it will remain in the project company list showing '0 Members'

Sijie_Zhang
Advocate
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a workaround to add companies that doesn't have active members but you want to have this company to assign issues, but there is indeed no workaround or solution to delete companies within one project so they don't appear any more in the list when assigning an issues or adding a task in the daily updates.

dagamarosem
Enthusiast

It is embarrassing that Autodesk does not allow companies to be removed from a project.  Why has this not been resolved yet????!!

We have projects with companies with zero members that we can still assign issues to that company.  What is the logic in that?  

What is the point of saying this is a fully functional software and charging lots of $$$$ for it and then it doesn't have basic functionality like this.  

jburke
Enthusiast

This should not be a feature request, this should already be programmed in.

linalag
Explorer

I agree, that option should already be available... 

Valacho_H
Contributor

This was requested more than 2 years ago.  It is a rather annoying headache for anyone managing projects on the platform.  Can someone update us about whether this is even being looked at?

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is annoying and embarrassing at the same time indeed. We were adding members where we mistakenly added same company with different names.... now it is not allowing to delete the company in admin level because at project level we are not allowed to remove a company.
hoomans
Explorer

It is absurd that this has not been addressed since four years ago when this idea was first created. This has a considerable impact on the business when we cannot rely on this platform to send out contractually-obligated notices to stakeholders. Please address this issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The way that worked out for me finally is that we first need to take Member(s) of that company from all projects. Then remove the member(s) from your member's database (as an account admin) only then will it allow you to remove a company.

Let me know if this helped

harry.mckinney
Enthusiast

This feature should be implemented immediately.  It creates confusion and frustration to have a company listed in the project when there are no members assigned to it. It is not reasonable to use a workflow that requires the admin to remove a company (and associated members) from ALL projects, just to delete them from one.  The, add the company amd members back to the projects where they are in fact working.

How has this no been updated yet?

jschmidt270
Explorer

I agree with this forum that this problem should have been resolved by now.  People make mistakes and add the wrong person or company to a project.  And then the company can't be deleted from that project?  This has made several of our projects so cluttered with unused companies.  We have instructed our users to NOT use a template from previous projects, because they bring in old companies that might not be used.

sheena.dent
Explorer

I agree with all that is being said - please allow us to remove Companies from Projects at Project Admin Level

For example:

a team member want to send an transmittal to one company (ACB) but when they try to select they get two or three variations of the company name (ACB or ABC) but they don't know which has members and which don't therefore they could be sending a transmittal to someone or no-one.

And all of this because there was a typo when the person from that company was added to Docs

ruud.vantongeren
Enthusiast

Yes, really imported to get this option because we see too many mistakes during the transmittal process

jamie.sidford
Contributor

Seems like a no-brainer to include this functionality. I'm surprised this wasn't possible right from the start to be honest.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report