Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid Issue Creation

Rapid Issue Creation

Ideally when creating an issue on a plan or document there should be three options presented to the user:

1. "+" button to create a new issue from scratch (i.e. the current method)
  2. "Recently created issues" list to create new issues by duplicating attributes like assignee, title, description, location, etc from a list of 5-10 previously created issues.  Photos or documents don't need to be copied.
  3. "template issues" list grouped by type/subtype

For #3, there should be the ability for account admins to create issue templates by type and fill out predefined fields like trade, titles, cost codes, and descriptions.  At the account level, this is important for giving teams an idea of what we're preemptively looking for or commonly see (e.g. water intrusion, paint chipped).

Projects should then inherit these issue templates similar to how checklists are managed but with the ability to:

• Set a default assignee role, company, or person
  • Set additional project specific attributes
  • Add to the account managed list of issue templates for project specific project issues that regularly occur

Right now it takes about 30-60 seconds to create and publish a fully defined issue complete with images, documents, and attributes.  For those of us in the field this is way too long for jobs that have 20,000+ item punch lists.

Please provide the ability to templatize and copy recent issues.

10 Comments
roeioved
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

@Anonymous Thanks for sharing your idea and input.

We are currently gathering requirements on this topic - issue templates.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roeioved, great to hear!  I'd love to provide additional feedback and help as you build this out.  One other component that I thought of the other day... It would be helpful to allow users to search for templates based on the title.

Two ways I could see this working... preferable route would be adding a search field at the top of the "new issue" pane. Alternatively, making the title of an observation a search field that will prompt a user with predefined templates based on what they type. Similar to how submitting ideas on this forum work... you can either create your own or pick some a set of existing templates that are displayed in the list.

isaac.cb
Advocate

@roeioved , Is there any update on this? Templates are a pretty standard feature for most of the users!

roeioved
Alumni

@isaac.cb We are in process of finalizing our roadmap for the next 6 months. We will loop back around with more details in a few weeks. Please keep the feedback coming!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, this is a wish for BIM 360 Field Management (Next Gen)? If so, I totally agree with your wish! Except that creating this issue templates should be possible on account level and on project level by the project administrators.

@roeioved, where is the roadmap?

Emanuel.Nestor
Autodesk Support

Hi,

Could you please take a look to these enhancements included in the last major update:

Thank you.

Best regards,

Emy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Emanuel.Nestor an improvement (issue templates) could be the possibility to import/export them to a csv-file especially for the creation of hunderds of templates and/or exchanging them to other (existing) projects

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Emanuel.Nestor  any news on the bulk import (CSV) ?

We need the ability (BIM360 Next Gen) to import 'Issue Templates' from *.csv - please provide this (or in the Field Management) now it's to time consuming to set this up for all the projects (cause we need to do it manually in each project).  This was possible in the BIM360 Field but not in BIM360 Field Management !

Anonymous
Not applicable

It should be much better that this can be controlled on account level, so not only the issue templates, but also issue types, custom attributes, … and that on project level there is a chose if you want to use them or create your own (start from scratch).

Now I can control checklists on account level, but I can not choose which type of issue needs to be taken on account level. So after I've published a checklist to several projects, I still need to go into those projects to set up the correct type of issue that needs to be taken when a non conforming answer is selected.

More control on account level please!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Emanuel.Nestor @roeioved 6 months later ...

Any news about implementation of issue templates in a more usefull way (Import/Export - like checklists) in BIM360 Field Management ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report