Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Management - Modify Issue type

Field Management - Modify Issue type

After creating a Field issue it is impossible to change the issue type, you can only change the sub-type.

It happens a lot that somebody in the field creates an issue and chooses a type without really paying attention.

Afterwards the project manager should be able to correct this.

46 Comments
Shirin.arnold
Alumni

Hi @johan.cantryn,

We are looking into ways in which to add this functionality within the future. At the moment we have this set to non-adjustable as it drives the issue form and its custom attributes.

I appreciate your feedback and will work with the team to take this into consideration.

Kind regards,

K.Bontje
Participant

Hi @Shirin.arnold ,

I get the same feedback from Field users in our company. It happens a lot by mistake and they don't like me for telling them it's not possible ;-).

Maybe you can make issue types that don't have different issue forms and attributes adjustable. I created issue types without custom attributes (just to have the issue types in Dutch) so the issue form and attributes stay the same in all the issue types i created.

I think that being able to switch between issue types with the same form/attributes would solve most of our problems.

I hope we can think about something to make this easier in use.

Kind regards,

Shirin.arnold
Alumni

Hi @K.Bontje ,

Thank you for your feedback! We are definitely looking into how to allow the ability to change the issue types after the fact.

Kind regards,

Chris_Baze
Advocate

@Shirin.arnold any updates on this functionality yet?

jake.beyer
Alumni

@Chris_Baze Thanks for reaching out again. Unfortunately, we don't have an update yet. We will reach out when we do. Please let us know if you have more questions.

joslindave
Advocate

Really need this to be fixed, even if for no other reason than the fact that this field has a default value (which it shouldn't!), which makes it really easy to forget to change it, resulting in users creating issues with the wrong issue type (that are then impossible to correct to a different type). Please fix this soon!

(also, needs to work from wherever the issue is created, whether Docs module or Field module)

ivanatudja
Enthusiast

We have massive issues with this in Docs - if users don't assign the right type of issue, we are not able to filter them and print them on a report. Can this be priorities as we really see it as a basic functionality. 

ggertsen
Explorer

We are having the same problem using this feature of BIM 360.  I would like to adjust/fix the Type after the Issue has been created.  Any update? 

MeganH_Skanska
Advocate

So far as I can see, you can't delete an issue type which has NEVER been used either, even if you create it in error. Makes for a very ugly front end for the users when none of the multiple Issue types that we never use and have marked as Inactive are still visible but non-selectable from the pullodwn

MarcusAlmstrom
Contributor

@jake.beyer & @Shirin.arnold We have the same problem, we really need to have the possibility to change issue type. 

jake.beyer
Alumni

@MarcusAlmstrom Thanks for reaching out. We are actually currently working on the ability to change an issue type. We don't have a firm release date yet but likely to be late April or early May. 

masoga.kekana
Advocate

Desperate for this feature!!

Mistakes are made and admins cannot edit the error, we are constantly voiding and restarting the process and it is not taxing. 

Please S.O.S

crweatherspoon
Contributor

Totally agree with this suggestion, we had the ability to modify the issue type in BIM 360 Field.  Not having this feature is another barrier for our adoption of nextgen, as issue types are corrected frequently.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is really a must-have to change the issue type after creating on BIM360. To delete the issue and create a new one with the right issuetyp is not the right solution.

I am happy to announce that we are planning to release the ability to change the issue type after creating on BIM 360, this coming September.

ivanatudja
Enthusiast

That's a great news - thanks for the update.

jev
Participant
Participant

@roy.goldschmidtN4MBE Any status at this feature?

Yes, this feature will be released toward the end of Sep 2020. 

jev
Participant
Participant

Great news - we need it very much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roy.goldschmidtN4MBE Hi,Any updates on the feature. Seems like still the same  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report