Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deltek Vision integration

Deltek Vision integration

Our projects start with Vision and all project data resides there.

Corporate clients would benefit tremendously from Deltek Vision integration.

7 Comments
joan_allen
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @bshevelev could you please provide more background on how you would expect this integration to function?  Thank you.

Best Regards,

Joan Allen

Autodesk BIM 360

bshevelev
Enthusiast

Joan,

The data integration (from Deltek Vision to BIM 360) could be set in three steps/phases:

1st – Project title data (name, number, address, etc)

2nd - Project title data and project team members

3rd – Project title data, project team members, external teams and project template

Currently, we have several project templates set in Deltek Vision.

After the project is created in Vision, the folders are created on the Network drive.

The same should happen in BIM 360, for both type of the folders, - regular folders and, most challenging, system (team) folders. The PM should be able to select teams in Vision and then the team folders, including Shared folder and Consumed folders, should be created in BIM 360.

Thank you

adiln
Participant

Hi @bshevelev 

I have worked on DeltekVision & Revit integration tool which post time with in Deltek Vision based upon user workings in Revit. the same can be done for BIM360 where project information based upon new project or project Update can create project data within BIM360 and I am happy to support on this, You ca get to me on info@bitechsol.com

Regards

gcc.sam
Explorer

Hi @joan_allen 

I can second that Deltek interaction in BIM360, as listed, would be really helpful. To add to @bshevelev 's list, what could help is if the project timeline is pulled from Deltek into BIM360, and that Design Managers or Architects could assign tasks based on the program to teams and manage project progress from BIM360, coupled with the existing issue tracker. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I'm trying to evaluate a process/workflow using Deltek VS BIM360 Docs, 

but I am quite inexperienced with both products

When you mention BIM360 what product are you referring to, Team, Docs, Design....?

and what are thoughts on where the line would be between the two to avoid redundant data. Where does Deltek stop and BIM360 start?

LyleHardin
Advisor

We are beginning to look into using Collaborate Pro and Docs. The same question has been asked here. Is there a way to set up a project in Docs once that project is set up in Deltek using the Deltek information and Network folder structure we are used to? I know we can set up Docs project templates, but doing so from Deltek would be great!

adiln
Participant

Hi @LyleHardin 

We have done an integration tool between Deltek Vision & BIM360 that does create projects in BIM360 along with project folder structure and alot more data sync. You can contact me at adil@bitechsol.com

@DeltekVision Integration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report