Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete BIM 360 Projects

Delete BIM 360 Projects

Currently you can only archive projects, even if its just a test project or if it was never activated there is no way to fully remove a project.

I would like the ability to delete a project fully, similar to what we can do in BIM 360 Team. We can archive projects as needed but if there is no reason to keep it I would prefer to just remove it to avoid confusion.

p-

83 Comments
robert.judd
Participant

Agree 100%, just tried to delete a project that got created twice accidentally.  No need to archive something like this.

lazarica.tesu
Explorer
This is a pretty basic function!! This is a must have.
patriciakeaney
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Unknown_Account59
Collaborator

Agreed, we have renamed projects that were created in error to (Redundant 1, Redundant 2, etc...) but it would definitely be a lot cleaner to simply remove them all together.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We need the ability to delete Archived projects. just like we were able to in BIM 360 Team environment. To make matters worse, this is not working with the current desktop connector. Through trial and testing BIM 360 Design Platform. I have two test projects. I have archived both of them. But cannot delete. When I open up my  BIM 360 (Preview) desktop connector folder. I also see both of the Archived Test projects.

I can see this getting very annoying a year or two down the line. Have 20 dead projects, already downloaded and back up to our Office server. But still showing up in the Connector and website.

Please give us the ability to delete Archive projects...

pmascaro
Advocate

This really needs to be accepted and expanded on. It's like telling someone who has their garbage collected that they need to move to a new system where a dumpster gets dropped in front of the house incase you need to pick through your garbage for some reason. Garbage files must be deleted in order to maintain a clean filing system or it will become a dumping ground...

As for Archiving, those also need to go at some point. There should be a way to offload archives annually to an internal file store so they are completely removed from BIM360, but archived locally for data retention.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its up there as a basic cadman right. Deliver us from this quirk & do it quick!  You will not win new customers otherwise.

We must be able to delete Projects please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a problem because I have archived a project that I would like to recreated with an updated folder structure, but it won't allow this action because the project is archived and not deleted.

patriciakeaney
Autodesk

Hello Usamah,   If you want to edit an archived project, you must open the project profile and change the status back of the project from archived to active.   Then you can edit the project.   Please let me know if that addresses your problem. Pat

patriciakeaney
Autodesk

Hello All. 

There is a lot of interest in this forum in the ability to delete a project.   Your input has been heard and I do want to assure you that this is on the roadmap.   

Best,

Pat

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't need to edit the project, I need to delete it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We created a test project to review all the functions of BIM360 and were very disappointed to find out that you couldn't delete the project.  It seems like a pretty basic function to have.  Understanding that deleting a project is not something that should be taken lightly, it would be nice if there was the option to delete a project even if it means just moving it to another folder labelled "Deleted Projects" that way you can have Active projects, Archived Projects and Deleted Projects.  You could also set it so that once the project is moved to the 'delete projects'  the admin would be able to either leave it there or permanently delete it.    

Chad-Smith
Advisor

I can see why this is not implemented, in order to 'protect' projects/companies from malicious intent. But, we do need a permanent deletion feature.

My wish for this feature is after 'deleting' the project it is put into a 'Pending Deletion' state, and then after let's say somewhere between 14 to 30 days it is permanently removed. This allows other admins to restore the project if a rouge admin went through deleting them.

vick1z
Advocate

Its strange that Autodesk doesn't allow to delete project. I'm voting for this. 

eg. there is no need to use bim 360 doc then at early stages where company put the bid and not sure if they win or not if they dont win then this project is just seating in cloud for no reason.

not a good idea, need an update..for this issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree please give the ability to delete a project even if it requires a new 'Super Admin' role to allow one person to delete redundant projects, such as projects used for training purpose only. 

When users are learning to admin the system they have to create a projects and test things in a temp environment.

With growing use of BIM 360 the bigger this housekeeping problem becomes. 

Kev_D
Collaborator

This is ridiculous. You should have the power to control what you want in your own Hub. After all, we do pay a subscription!!! I understand that projects should be protected, so only introduce the 'Delete Project' option from the 'Archived' section of the Project Directory that can only be accessed by the Account Admin. Every other member else would just have to request that the project be deleted fully. SIMPLE!

rmarquard
Explorer

My data is mine.
And if I want to delete my data, I have to be able to do that. As simple as that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Reading these messages I see I am not the only one that NEEDS to delete old files. It looks like it has been a problem for years and is "On the road map" since August of last year.

Why is this still an issue?

I just paid to renew my subscription and would hope Autodesk would take the customers suggestions with some sort of realistic approach.

Please inform me when you fix this problem

johan.cantryn
Collaborator

Many official bodies (banks, government, military) require that eventually data can be permanently deleted, such as complete projects.

So we really need a project delete!!!!

bshevelev
Enthusiast

So, you delete a project, with the entire project and collaboration history,  and five years later the Client files a lawsuit. What evidence do you have to prove your case?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report