Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM 360 Glue Reporting Functionality

BIM 360 Glue Reporting Functionality

Currently Glue provides good practical solution for creating Markups based on the models, BUT currently there is no tool available to administer these Markups. The project I am working on it is really important to generate reports for the Markups created in Glue. It will be good if Autodesk develop this further so these markups can be administered effectively. On a small scale project it might not less of an issue, but on a large scale project it is very difficult to manage the large number of Markups.

We chose BIM 360 Glue for commenting purpose; previously we were commenting on the design models using Navisworks and share the XML file. Now we started using Glue for comments, but unfortunately we can not generate a report for the markups create in Glue. Key purpose for us to generate a report is to document the issues and tracking the issues with the responses. 

To overcome this issue; I have introduced a folder structure, and Markup naming convention which everyone need to follow when creating a new issue. Then take a snapshot of every issue and manually create a report, which is taking double amount of time in comparison with using Navisworks. 

B.C.F manager allows to create an issue, assign it to the correct team member, track the status of the issue. Reports can also be generated in BCF.

I think if BIM 360 Glue allows to create Markups and track the status, it will become a remarkable product. More importantly a reporting tool, which allow us to see which Markups are still outstanding, which Markups are resolved & closed, which Markups are assigned to who. 

At the moment I am still struggling to manage the Markups effectively for the project I am working on. I will be grateful if Autodesk can consider to develop the reporting functionality for mark ups and be able to track the status of the Markups. The problem is Markups are increasing in numbers every day, without having audit / reporting tools available I don't know how we can manage them.

Other users like me, if this sounds familiar please vote.

7 Comments
gaghazarian
Participant

This is a great idea! An integration with BIM 360 Field is also highly desirable. If we can create issues in the field based on the Markups or Views in Glue, then BIM 360 Field can serve as the issue tracking tool.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gayane, I think you have given a great suggestion for Autodesk to consider when resolving Glue reporting functionality. Whether we manage the markups within BIM 360 Glue or via exporting/linking to BIM 360 Field, I don't mind. Marking functionality in Glue is great but I believe this is fundamentally important to have tools to manage the markups, otherwise there will a huge number of markups not benefiting anyone.

As I understand the primary intension for BIM 360 Glue was the "model based design coordination" and BIM 360 Field has been design to manage field related matters. Integration between both platforms will be added bonus. To be fare in my views, Glue must have tools to manage the markups, without this it is incomplete. Markups was the key selling point for us, as soon as we started using this, we had a need to be able to export the markups in a report format. Now I am spending extra unnecessary time to create the report separately. I am sure other people are experiencing similar.  

RichDraper
Participant

this is a really good idea... I for one would like to see this put into action

angkontop
Explorer

I do not see this as a technical challenge for Autodesk to support. I see it as an essential functionality for the purpose of this tool.

MeganH_Skanska
Advocate

This would be a tremendously helpful function.

brucegund
Advocate

This is a must for BIM 360 Glue for project documentation and should be a part of the BIM 360 Model Coordination Module as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know BIM 360 Glue will be someday discontinued and another product will take its place, however as it is still functional the capacity to generate reports of the markups is critical.

Great idea!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report