Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACC (BIM Collaborate Pro) - Revit cloud model - work offline

ACC (BIM Collaborate Pro) - Revit cloud model - work offline

So right now you can work with Revit on cloud via central file or "cloud" file. And that is nice. Problem is that you have NO option to have the ability to work offline. So for example when you travel or your internet is down, you are simply out. And that is the case even when you have Autodesk Desktop Connector AND the file is synced locally. That's because you can't open "cloud" RVT file via desktop connector and have to do it via Revit. And Revit will only look on cloud to open it. 

This seems like a no brainer to fix in 2022. Please vote for this idea.

2 Comments
rauburn
Enthusiast

Despite the obvious technical challenges of implementing an offline solution, I agree with this suggestion 1000%. Especially important as more teams are relying on BIM360 for mission critical projects, and at the same time the service experiences higher-than-normal downtimes (I lost count, but I believe there have been at least 2-3 significant outages already this month...)

matthewl9GYTC
Participant

I also agree. There are many times we have to meet on site and work with our team to go over design options and critical issues we find and to have the ability to do it right in the cloud and then have it sync later once you reach an internet source would be a tremendous game changer. Right now, its a hassle to download a static file and then work any changes you make back into your central file. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report