Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 degree Photo Viewer

360 degree Photo Viewer

Add ability to automatically recognize and view 360 degree photos within BIM 360.

13 Comments
Chad-Smith
Advisor

This has my vote.

It gets difficult to photo tight spaces/rooms. So a 360 photo would help solve this limitation.

Chad-Smith
Advisor

I would like to update my comment on this.

The ability to record a 360 photo location on a plan (maybe as a markup element) would help with progress tracking in Docs.

It would also make a great addition to the daily reports feature within Field.

Here is something similar. Autodesk already have a great foundation of services which I think would support 360 degree photo viewing and tracking.

https://holobuilder.com/

MirraLee
Advocate

Hi

I am wondering the same as Chris and Chad.

When will 360 photo viewing come to Field?

Our company is looking at this service Structsite and it would be a bit more efficient if all these features could be in one application.

Thanks

Mirra

Anonymous
Not applicable

My company is currently having to store our 360 photos on services like Google Photos on users personal accounts in order to share them with others who do not have viewers. A Viewer built into BIM 360 would help us out A LOT!

Chad-Smith
Advisor

I really wish this was receiving more attention.

Competing products have this ability. Beyond what has already been mentioned above, there is also Bluebeam, Fieldwire, and I think also Plangrid all support 360 degree photos.

wright1107
Contributor

I concur with the above statements. Being able to tie 360 Photo and Video to Plan Drawings and 3D Models is re-defining the way we capture and review As-built information on our job sites. I would expect a 360 Photo Viewer in 360 Docs at the very least. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Any idea if this was implemented? so far,  We are sharing our 360 pictures, We are even sharing our 360 picture software in B360, but you cant see the pictures....We would like to be able to hyperlink 360 pictures into drawings.

Any idea? thanks!

Passi10
Enthusiast

This is a must-have feature. Today we're using the software krPano or vista 3D to make our 360° videos and images shareable.

We're wondering a bit, because the rendering service of Autodesk is already showing 360° degree images. But of course only the rendered 🙂 But the major technology should be there at Autodesk. Only replace a real photo with a rendered dummy and that's it.

Greetings and hoping for this feature.

casquatch
Collaborator

Two years since the original post, where are we at? Looks like a few other similar Idea posts out there as well.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bim-360-ideas/360-photos-into-doc-plans/idi-p/8874410

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bim-360-ideas/option-for-360-photos/idi-p/8197735

Get to it!

oosterop
Contributor

Good Idea, this will have some mayor benefits.

RobertAGlover
Advocate

Is this incorporated into Autodesk Build? I can't seem to find any info on it but I thought I heard it can. Thanks! 

We (the construction industry) use 360 photos CONSTANTLY on all of our jobs. The cameras are cheap and its so much more efficient to document all around. THIS IS A MUST HAVE FEATURE!

Chad-Smith
Advisor

Autodesk's Build's 'Photos' feature supports 360 photos, and works quite well.

But in usual fashion, many of Build's best features are not available in Autodesk Docs. Photos should be a platform feature as it can, and would, be used during design, not just construction.

I will provide the following link regarding the consolidation of features for Design, which includes Photo management.

It's time to consolidate Docs + Design Collaboration + Model Coordination - Autodesk Community

ccaneteA5NYB
Explorer

Do we have additional info on BIM360 functions comparable to Open Space features

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report