Community
BIM 360 Field Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Field Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Field topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontractor Editing Options (iPad)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
326 Views, 2 Replies

Subcontractor Editing Options (iPad)

All,

Our project just switched over to BIM 360 Field for our punchlist item tracking.  We have been using other tracking systems to this point in the project and have already established status nomenclatures with the subcontractors.  For our purposes, we have been using "Ready to Inspect" when a subcontractor has addressed an item, ready to be confirmed by the general contractor (us).  We have also allowed them to dispute items ("In Dispute").  However, when subcontractors are using BIM 360 Field on their iPads, they are only able to change items to "Work Completed".

It is too late in our project to switch our status nomenclature with thousands of items already statused.  Is there any way as a project admin, that we can allow subcontractors access to more editing options?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
s.odwyer
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm just thinking here. Would changing the subcontractor to one of the next available roles like inspector or owner help? 

I will check it out and see regarding changing the status type etc.

Sean

Message 3 of 3
s.odwyer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi There,

I just tested it there on my interface and if the subbie changed to his company first then he could change the status to the ready to inspect. 

It wont work if the status is changed to in dispute as the subbie cant alter the status then. 

Sean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report