Community
BIM 360 API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bim 360 Docs: Access to drawing information and linking

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
785 Views, 6 Replies

Bim 360 Docs: Access to drawing information and linking

Hello,

I was curious if there are any methods to get drawing information from BIM 360 Docs via the API as well as a method to draw out links similar to how Docs currently automates linking when uploading drawings + callouts together?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
eason.kangEDLV4
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

What kind of drawing information you're looking for with BIM360 API, and what is "draw out links" you mentioned? If I understand it correctly, you want to obtain info. like file size, file name, etc. and link drawings like CAD Xrefs via Forge APIs?

If not, could you share it more detailly and consider providing a snapshot demonstrating that as well? So that I could to make sure that we are in the same boat, and try my best to help you.

Cheers,

Eason Kang
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocacy & Support Service
Autodesk Platform Service (formerly Forge)

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: eason.kangEDLV4

I'm talking about reading the actual drawing, dimensions, callouts, tags, etc. And linked drawings I'm referring to the add hyperlink option in docs.

Message 4 of 7
eason.kangEDLV4

Hi,

May I know what kind the drawing you're working for, DWG or Revit?

So that I can test it on my side, and consult with the right team who build the function, thanks!

Eason Kang
Developer Advocate

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: eason.kangEDLV4

Revit

Message 6 of 7
eason.kangEDLV4

Hi,

Thank you for the "short" feedback. I suppose that you're requesting APIs doing the same thing like `Add New Hyperlink` button while viewing extracted views in Docs Plan folder.

As I know, there is no such API available currently. However, I'm double checking with our engineering team, and will get you back A.S.A.P.

Cheers,

Eason Kang
Developer Advocate

Message 7 of 7
eason.kangEDLV4

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no API available as your request now according to our engineering team. Therefore, you cannot do this via API call currently. Sorry for the bad news.

Cheers,

Eason Kang
Developer Advocate

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report