Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water flow sim in tight complex shaped pipe

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
davide445
342 Views, 4 Replies

Water flow sim in tight complex shaped pipe

Started experimenting with MPM flow but not reaching any result, I switched to Bifrost Fluids starting from the Milk pour example, including my pipe model, changing the emitter size and placeing it inside the pipe start.

Problem is seems my flow is always dropping out the pipe, not sure if for mesh problems or need to change some sim resolution parameters.

Tried changing Bifrost mode (Solid, Shell, Solid (robust)) and other details but so far no luck. Tried with a straight Maya pipe and this is working fine. Attached the project if someone has suggestions, the collider of the real pipe is collider 3.

davide445_0-1633971241860.png

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mspeer
in reply to: davide445

Hi!

At first please try a lower value for Master Voxel Size (0.2 or lower).

Also try higher values for Min Transport Steps and Min Time Steps (3 or higher) or increase the values for Adaptivity (0.5 or higher).

Message 3 of 5
davide445

@mspeer 

Seems "milk" is keen floating out the pipe, even with a clean mesh created from scratch (i.e. this simple pipe with thickness 0.1).

Master voxel size .03, adaptivity .629, min transport steps 1 (the same happens with min transport step 5)

Since the emitter is pointed to the upper part of the collider, the flow was pushed down hitting the internal upper wall, but after that exiting from the bottom of the pipe

davide445_0-1634049909748.png

Message 4 of 5
mspeer

Hi!

Do you mean the hidden pipe in your scene?

Here it works.

If you created a new pipe or changed anything else I need a new scene, but basically you just need to decrease the Master Voxel Size and increase the values for Transport and Time Stepping until it works.

Message 5 of 5
davide445

Attached the scene. I have added another more complex pipe from a spline, given also thickness but got the same problem.

The strange thing to me is it's even not working on the straight pipe as previous image. Maybe I tried touching too many parameters in one time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report