Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence Array and direction?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
darioOrtisi
639 Views, 5 Replies

Sequence Array and direction?

Hi all. I will like to create my sequence of array. Used sequence_array simple as is.

But how can  I define the axis direction were i want my sequence grow?

Also, this is the results i have

darioOrtisi_0-1628453118162.png

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
darioOrtisi
in reply to: darioOrtisi

I'm trying to elaborate a little bit the Idea that run in my mind.

I will like to use bifrost to art directing tree creation. Without any sort of sim or L-system or any other. The idea is pretty simple. Draw the basic strands\shape and distribute the secondary branches over the first strand. The secondaries need a start position distribution, a noise curl, even the main trunk. And the basic shape branches should be match the base weight.

It's so simple, not?

The Idea remain an idea without the technical knowledge so can someone helps me to elaborate this for the community and for me off course?

darioOrtisi_0-1628454815238.png

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
mjcg91

The answer for the sequence_array vector direction is in your question. If you are using it with a float3, then the value is the vector. For more control, you could normalize a vector and then multiply it with a float to easily control the length of each steps.

Maxime Jeanmougin - Technical Artist
https://maximejeanmougin.com

Join the Bifrost Addicts community on Discord:
https://discord.gg/bifrost-addicts
Message 4 of 6
darioOrtisi

I did a few of hacking other graph by @Christoph_Schaedl  and @mjcg91 

darioOrtisi_0-1630052577821.png

Thanks guys.

Now i will like to set the rotation of instanced array on the main axis of my trunk, array sequence representing the main trunk.

And also i will like to do a variation on scale, based not randomize but by height\elevation\longest.

Thanks in advance

Message 5 of 6
darioOrtisi

Step by step

darioOrtisi_0-1630060675824.png

Message 6 of 6
darioOrtisi

I am voluntarily going crazy with the idea of ​​creating a procedural tree. But I love the idea of ​​doing it (of creating procedural trees not going crazy) I hacking the Bifrost Feather Generator Tool

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bifrost-forum/bifrost-feather-generator-tool/m-p/9956730#M4092

to make my branches for the leaves. I cannot orient the barbules forward. On the other hand, in the barbs I have succeeded by using a combination of nodes already in its interior. Someone who would like to collaborate on improving this idea is welcome. Thanks

darioOrtisi_0-1630826534687.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report