Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Stepping in Bifrost Sim

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
yourshawm
320 Views, 5 Replies

Remove Stepping in Bifrost Sim

Howdy all, I have a bifrost simulation that I can't seem to remove the stepping in and was hoping someone might have an idea how to smooth out the fluid more.

Please see the attached image, trying to remove the dark verticle lines highlighted.

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
michael_nielsen
in reply to: yourshawm

Hello,

On the liquidShape there's a property called Smoothing under "Bifrost Meshing" which controls number of smoothing passes taken over the liquid mesh. In case you haven't tried this already you could try to increase this Smoothing number.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Nielsen

Principal Engineer
Message 3 of 6
yourshawm
in reply to: michael_nielsen

Yes I've tried adjusting the smooth parameter, it is limited to 3 and at the higher values it produces more pronounced verticle edging in that area. Seems the issue is in the particle transition each frame. 

I've experimented with different time steps, viscosity settings, and surface tension to no avail. Not sure what could control that aspect more? 

Message 4 of 6
sepu6

Another option is to bring the sim into the BF graph and use the smoothing tools there, which will give you more options. 

Message 5 of 6
yourshawm

Thanks @sepu6, that does seem to be where I could get my fix based on this video which shows a different meshing thru openVDB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byAPRtardnA

As far as doing this in Bifrost, all parameters would be found using the volume to mesh node? Or are there others I should look into?

Thanks yall,

M

Message 6 of 6
sepu6

Are you bringing the pts or the mesh? if is the point `smooth_voxel_property` check your properties and smooth the correct one or if just the mesh smooth is one but If you have Maxime compounds I will look into that instead. If you put a frame like the one that you share above I can take a look.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report