Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading orientation from instances

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
coeuscreative
107 Views, 1 Reply

Reading orientation from instances

Apologies in advance, I haven't used bifrost, so I'm not even sure if this question will make sense.

Say I used bifrost to distribute instances of an object on a surface and I gave those instances a random rotation.

Could I then read the orientation of those instances individually and use that data for something else.

For example, could I get the vector of the orientation of each instance, calculate the dot product of the instance transform and world up vector, then use that calculation to drive the scale or the colour of the instances?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sepu6
in reply to: coeuscreative

Yes, you can get the orientation of each instance and use that data to drive whatever you want or do dot products, cross, multiply, etc. All the data is there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums