Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Latest Bifrost Examples

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
751 Views, 4 Replies

My Latest Bifrost Examples

Hey folks,

I've been having some fun with bifrost lately so in case you are not on my social media, I'm sharing it here. I'm a bit lazy to record video tutorials so hopefully this post will be able to explain the workflow. Do let me know if anyone needs to know specific details.

Mr. Legs

In this example, I have tried to recreate a popular exercise done previously by ICE or Houdini folks. Its simpler than it looks so the gist of the setup is:

1. Find the highest point on the terrain mesh and calculate the direction vectors from all the other points on the mesh to that point. This becomes sort of your gradient vector which we will use to advect points later.

2. Scatter some points on a terrain mesh and offset them in Y for the "head" portion. You can also offset/displace them based on the normal vector at the point position.

3. For each head point, find out the closest gradient vector so we know which direction to move it in.

4. For each head point, find out the closest x amount of points. The current closest point node in bifrost returns a single point so we can just roll our own simple compound. Get the distance of the current head point to all the other points on the terrain. Sort the array and then slice it to get x number of closest points. You can index into the actual point positions by finding the sliced array results in the bigger point positions array.

5. Connect the head point and the closest points with the arrow strand node and adjust the thickness to get your legs.

6. Use the gradient vector we computed earlier to advect the head points. You can use a multiplier which can act like substep. Iterate over this using the frame number as the max iterations to move the point forward. The current position is also the iterator's port state so it gets updated every iteration and then that triggers the update for all the other steps.

And with that you have a crowd of creepy crawlies. I'll try to share more examples on this thread. Thanks for reading!

Cheers,

Sachin

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Christoph_Schaedl
in reply to: Anonymous

Sachin this is totally crazy. I love it.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 5
darioOrtisi

I love it. Is insane what would be possible, inside bifrost, knowing what to do.

great.

Have you in mind to share some fo your conpounds? I know and i Understand that is your job and hard work too.

But the conpounds section lags of great resources, so it would be appreciated. A lot. I also saw all your video on vimeo. Are stunning.

Message 4 of 5
mjcg91

Awesome 🙂

Maxime Jeanmougin - Technical Artist
https://maximejeanmougin.com

Join the Bifrost Addicts community on Discord:
https://discord.gg/bifrost-addicts
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: darioOrtisi

@darioOrtisi - Thanks! The graphs are nothing complicated or special but I will definitely share the compounds once they are cleaned up. Right now since I was freewheeling its a mess of noodles 🙂

Thanks Christoph and Maxime!

Cheers,

Sachin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report