Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from 2.0.5 to 2.2... GeoLocations and Subtract

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mitch.s
416 Views, 2 Replies

Migrating from 2.0.5 to 2.2... GeoLocations and Subtract

Hi,

A while ago, we made some Bifrost Deformers with Bifrost_Graph in Maya 2018. The Bifrost version was 2.0.5.1
We need those Deformers in Maya 2020 (and 2022) with Bifrost 2.2. ...

But apparently some changes were made...
We're having Trouble converting GeoLocations and with the Substract Node.

Substract.JPG

geolocs.JPG

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
calibrix
in reply to: mitch.s

According to the errors the subtract node is trying to subtract and Array of Arrays from an Array which is not supported. Basically, one of you connections is outputting a nested array.

The second error appears to be the "locations" are no longer location data. It appears that the data input is actually Amino::Object, you can identify this as the error message explicitly states it and because the connect is an off blue color indicating an Amino::Object. The connection is looking for an array of GeoLocation data. This is generated by a variety of nodes but is most commonly created by a "generate_sample_locations" node.

Message 3 of 3
mitch.s
in reply to: calibrix

Thanks for the very quick response Calibrix!

I understand the error message but I didn't know how to remedy to this.
Changing data-types between versions is a dreaded thing.
But I am amazed at how easily this data-type problem can be solved in Bifrost. (can be a tedious thing to resolve in other network driven frameworks (eg Maya itself))

The problem was solely the change of the locations data-type.
The subtract problem was a direct consequence of this.

The input-node of the compound node depicted above is linked to the 'locations-output' of a 'get_closest_locations' node. But the data type of those 'locations' changed along the bifrost versions.

Solution :
I 'simply' needed to right-click -> change type on the 'location-port' of the input node (depicted above)
And change the type from 'Object' to 'Auto'
Done!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report