Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manipulate VDB

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
HasanDiab
585 Views, 4 Replies

Manipulate VDB

Hello everybody ,

is there a way to manipulate(translate, rotate and scale) VDB from inside Bifrost graph?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Any VDB loaded into Bifrost (e.g. with read_OpenVDB) will be converted to Bifrost's volume tile tree which can be manipulated easily with our volume toolkit (see e.g. resample_volume for translate, rotate and scale). You can then save that manipulated volume back out using write_OpenVDB. However, this is technically not modifying the VDB directly.

Message 3 of 5

thanks @morten.bojsen-hansen ,

I tried (resample_volume), linked it to a locator for manipulation, but found to be heavy to deal with,

after using (resample_volume) the viewport feels sluggish,

I was curios  if there is something as fast as manipulating "aiVolume" in the scene?

thank you for your reply.

Message 4 of 5

@HasanDiab , Sadly not yet. We do not (yet) support transforms in Bifrost, so any transform will have to be applied explicitly for the time being.

Message 5 of 5

Thank you @morten.bojsen-hansen,

I will consider (Resample_Volume) as an accepted Solution for now,

hope to get better manipulation later.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report