Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instancing ASS with Bifrost

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
salvati.marc
1524 Views, 9 Replies

Instancing ASS with Bifrost

Hello i m trying to instance ASS files with bifrost.

I created standin and use the render_archive_instance node to do the instancing. It works well until i try to make it a sequence of ASS. Then i get a message like:

// Warning: [bifrost] archive file point_frame property missing //
// Error: [ass] can't read in C:/Users/username/Desktop/testcone.####.ass: Invalid argument //

I tried to add some "point_frame" property on the instance geometry ... no success.

They state in the node documentation to add #### for ASS sequence, but it does not seem to work.

Also i tried with a more complex ASS containing XGen hairs... and it s not showing at render time.

If anyone has experience using the instancer, please help

Cheers.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Could you post an image of your graph or an example graph.?

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 10

here it is.

Message 4 of 10
wzxrc
in reply to: salvati.marc

Same problem here, don't know how to set the "Frame Property" arnoldArchive.JPGerror.JPG

Message 5 of 10
wzxrc

Answer from Maxime is : answerIs.JPG

Message 6 of 10
vipinFX

hey is this fixed the issue ? i am still getting invalid argument error any help will be appreciated 

Message 7 of 10
office

didn't fix it for me as well. Any solutions yet?
Thanks.

Message 8 of 10
sepu6

if you have animation in your .ass file the attribute/property needs to be in the points or after the instance node. Not in the archive. So like this. 

maya_8ducbgNStu.png

maya_GUwcyIclcW.png

Message 9 of 10

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with adding per instance frame delay/randomization in the hooked-ass sequence? Basically, I am instancing several simulated tree ass sequences in my graph and want to add per-point frame delay/randomization so that each point will start the animation from a different frame.

Thanks

Message 10 of 10
sepu6

For that, one option could be using a solver that will be activating points that will trigger that delay, so for example, you could grab the basic infection solver inside the BF browser and use that. 

If you just want a random number so the animation is different per point you could use the property point_frame on the pts. grab a random value give min and max numbers, get the IDs of the pts `get array indices`, and connect that to the seed of the random node then add the result to the Time node using an add node then you could add a clamp at the end.

maya_WgaW8UPxde.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report