Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to simulate turbine engine blowing on ocean surface [BOSS / Bifrost]

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
calebmcginnis
176 Views, 0 Replies

How to simulate turbine engine blowing on ocean surface [BOSS / Bifrost]

Bifrost/BOSS beginner here. I'm curious if anyone knows of a good way to simulate the surface of an ocean being displaced/disturbed by a strong jet of air exiting a turbine engine that is hovering above. So far I only understand interaction with collision geometry, so I'm wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to simulate a controlled high-powered jet of air that causes the surface to react with ripples/splashes? 

I've attached screenshots of the model I'm animating. It has a main turbine on the back [which I want to generate a dramatic wake when the ship speeds off] and two rotatable arms with turbines at the ends;  I want to create a system where these affect the water surface based on their proximity to it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if there's any other info that I need to provide.

Labels (5)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report