Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to render Bifrost liquid with Arnold

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
280 Views, 2 Replies

Failed to render Bifrost liquid with Arnold

Hi so I am relatively new to Maya, and I encounter this problem with Maya 2019(also Arnold 2019), please help me! I could not render anything from bifrost...but other geometries seem fine.

the error message was: Arnold node type bifrost polymesh does not exist(see attached)

I have already tried reinstalling maya and bifrost and Arnold for a couple of times and search for solutions on the internet, including loading MtoA in the plug-in manager etc., please let me know what to do.... I would be so grateful 

857E87C4-A8D2-478B-AF2F-FC44FD125BF5.jpeg

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mihirsbcc
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you activate the meshing in the liquid container? I  think it is off. You have to turn it on. Hope that is the problem

Message 3 of 3
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

That error means that MtoA cannot find arnold_bifrost.dll, which should be in a folder something like this:

C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Bifrost/Maya2020/2.2.0.2/bifrost/arnold-6.2.0.0/arnold_bifrost.dll

Does that file exist on your system?

It's installed by the Bifrost installer.

To see where MtoA is looking for arnold_bifrost, check an Info-level Arnold log.

• In the Arnold Render Settings (Diagnostics tab), set the verbosity level to Info.
  • Render something
  • In the log, look for "loading plugins" messages

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report