Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Input

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
adminY93DK
672 Views, 3 Replies

Dynamic Input

I was wondering whether there was any options for supporting wildcard input of meshes?

Currently I see that inputs need explicit names to get the shapes for example "/obj1/objShape1", but it would be nice to find meshes with a wild, for example "/obj*/objShape*".

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Grahame_Fuller
in reply to: adminY93DK

Hi,

This works already, for example, /pSphere*/pSphereShape*. For more information about the supported wildcards, see Input geometry and materials from the scene.

Cheers,

gray

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer
Message 3 of 4
adminY93DK
in reply to: Grahame_Fuller

Thanks @Grahame_Fuller !

I should have read the documentation more carefully 🙂

Message 4 of 4
adminY93DK
in reply to: adminY93DK

One thing missing from the documentation is when/how the dynamic inputs are being made, so I'll try and clarify here.

When you enter a path into the input node and Bifrost evaluates the path string, the connections are made to the objects in the Maya scene. It is not continuously evaluated so if there are changes in the Maya scene, you'll need to get Bifrost to re-evaluate the path string, to establish new connections.

The Maya scene node are connected to the Bifrost graph in the order of the names, so if you need to have for example two input arrays that correspond, the nodes will need to be named correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report