Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Body Spray on Lighter (Couldn't find anywhere)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
380 Views, 3 Replies

Body Spray on Lighter (Couldn't find anywhere)

Hi,

I spend quite some time with bifrost graph and have hard time to find solution for this effect.

Spray / Mist which is coming from a spray container is lit by the spark, and then turned into fireball.

At the moment i tried to split the effect into two parts but even so i cant find a way to emit source_fuel into direction or give initial speed.

I also tried creating N particles and setting them on fire in Bifrost but that gave me rather meteorite effect (since they are separate sources of fuel which are not affected by each other)

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

Here is very good video as an example: 

https://youtu.be/GYk3gZBLfrg?t=11 

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Update: so far i managed to fo back into nParticles and have the mist or either fire  emitted from the particles which gives me the result with only one think missing... and that is the torch/spark which would ignite the fuel source middle way.Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 18.01.50.pngScreenshot 2020-05-10 at 16.58.27.png

Message 3 of 4
mspeer

Hi!

Basically I don't know where and how this gonna be used, so it's hard to suggest something specific.

Based on the provided reference video I might have chosen a simply particle / sprites animation.

But of course you also can use fluids only or a combination with particles.

For something like slow motion maybe I would use fluids only, also setting an initial speed for source air worked fine here.

If you don't simulate the ignition with fluids you can still use other attributes like age to control this effect or even do this in post (blend in a second layer), as the ignition is so fast.

Message 4 of 4
michael_nielsen

You can also try the following:

(1) Start from a basic combustion compound

(2) Setup the air source to emit fuel at room temperature (e.g. 20 degrees Celcius) and use the initial speed and direction to model the spray. You can emit a bit of fog density too if you want the spray to be visible.

(3) Create a second source air to ignite the fuel mid-way. E.g. set the temperature to 600 degrees Celcius. This source should just set the temperature, not emit fuel nor fog density.

If the spray rises too much the buoyancy can be adjusted. 

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Nielsen

Principal Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report