Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bifrost not rendering

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bobtilton
229 Views, 2 Replies

bifrost not rendering

super new to Bifrost and when following this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SYhhP1icGk nothing was rendering. Downloaded the fellow's project file and still no dice. I've reinstalled Maya (2019) and Arnold (then updated to the latest). I'm on OS X Big Sur (11.6.4). I'm not sure if it's because stuff's not caching... getting this in the script editor:

Cached Playback: The presence of unsupported Bifrost node 'bifrostAeroPropertiesContainer1' has triggered Safe Mode, and caching is disabled.
You can continue work, but caching has stopped.
Remove animation from 'bifrostAeroPropertiesContainer1', or delete the node entirely, to resume caching.
Cached Playback: The presence of unsupported Bifrost node 'bifrostAeroContainer1' has triggered Safe Mode, and caching is disabled.
Remove animation from 'bifrostAeroContainer1', or delete the node entirely, to resume caching.
Cached Playback: The presence of unsupported Bifrost node 'emitterProps1' has triggered Safe Mode, and caching is disabled.
Remove animation from 'emitterProps1', or delete the node entirely, to resume caching.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Jonathan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Turn off cached playback in the timeline. 

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 3
bobtilton
in reply to: bobtilton

was so excited to try this, this morning! nope. those errors are gone, though! Here's what it says now:

# Error: 00:02:52 1615MB ERROR | [mtoa.translator] bifrostTranslator: Arnold node type bifrost_volume does not exist. #

everything simulates great, although I don't get the green shading on the timeline either.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report