Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost liquid going through colliders

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
malteX4J5F
225 Views, 1 Reply

Bifrost liquid going through colliders

This is my first time working with Bifrost so I am still kind of unfamiliar with it. I have to create a simple animation of water pouring out of a can into a glass. My problem is, that the water phases through the can. I have tried everything I am aware of to fix that like increasing the transport step adaptivity, disabeling erosion, changing the collider type to shell, because the can is basically just a plane and I´ve changed the master voxel volume but none of that helped. On the other hand it hardly goes through the hole in the can its supposed to come out of. The mesh I turned into the liquid is just a simple cylinder thats a bit smaller that the walls of the can. I am out of ideas on how to get it to work how I need it to be. 

Thanks for any help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Grahame_Fuller
in reply to: malteX4J5F

It really looks like the Master Voxel Size is still too high. Try decreasing it further but be aware that this will increase the amount of memory required -- every time you cut it by half, it requires 8 times as much memory.

Another thing you can try is adding a thicker mesh inside the can to act as a hidden collider.

I hope that helps,

gray

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report