Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4.0 Bug - Can't enter dots in valuie-fields.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
izotripp
1117 Views, 18 Replies

2.4.0 Bug - Can't enter dots in valuie-fields.

Hello just started using Maya20 and Bif2.4.0 and realized inside of the bif-graph I encounter an old classic error we had with maya17 or was it 16? - I can't ender DOTS on the keyboard, they're ignored, neither can I paste dots from the clipboard, so to get fractional values into a float I have to make a divide node and two values instead.

Anyone else experiencing this? 

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
syracoj
in reply to: izotripp

can you provide a screen capture that showcases this issue so we have explicit reproduction steps please?

Message 3 of 19

I have the same problem over here. I can't enter dots in Bifrost Graph.

I think it worked a little time ago, but I haven't touched it since a month or so. 

Can't enter dots or Copy Paste values.

It would also be cool to be able to enter both, colons and dots.

I am working on Windows 10 with German Keyboard Layout.

Message 4 of 19

Any comments on this?

Would like to work with 2020...

Message 5 of 19

Hey there -- we have reproduced the issue internally and are actively investigating a solution. It's our top priority issue at the moment.

Bifrost QA at Autodesk
Message 6 of 19

@doppelgaenger_digital wrote:

I am working on Windows 10 with German Keyboard Layout.

Is your OS set to German? Or just the keyboard layout? 

We were able to repro the issue internally by switching the region settings to the German settings. As Ryan has mentioned we are actively working on this issue.

One thing you could try is switching your OS language or keyboard settings to English if you feel you would be comfortable working this way.

Message 7 of 19

my system language and my keyboard settings are german, although my version of Maya is English. 

unfortunately I can't switch to english layout. 

As mentioned I would like to see commas and dots to work as seperator, because when typing numbers on Numpad I always want to type the comma, and not the dot. 

Message 8 of 19

Try the . (period) that isn't on the number pad (if you have one).

I am having luck with the German language settings with the . in both Bifrost and Maya.

the , and . on the number pad are not working for me, but the . (non number pad is)

Message 9 of 19

doesn't work for me. My only . (period) is located outside the numpad. 

period and comma are ignored AND if I type in any number, e.g. when the parameter default is set to 0.05 and I change it to 0.04 or anything, the value is not applied. the graph doesn't even pause to recompile.

Message 10 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: izotripp

Also have this issue.

Similar issue but somewhat related: When you create a value node and change it to an array, I can't type more than one number at a time without hitting return. So if I wanted to type 1000, I would have to hit return 4 times to enter the full number. 

Also Is it possible to plug something into this number or how can I make sure it operates over the whole array its controlling (if that makes sense and sorry for diverting topic but I felt it was similar and didn't need a whole new topic).

Message 11 of 19
syracoj
in reply to: Anonymous

the issue with the array size field on value nodes losing focus after input is a separate yet known issue which is catalogued in our system as BIFROST-2816.

Message 12 of 19

@doppelgaenger_digital wrote:

My only . (period) is located outside the numpad. 

So just the regular . (period) on the keyboard to the right of the comma is not working for you?

You are on Windows right?

Is this behavior on your side isolated to only Bifrost? Or is it happening in Maya as well?

also, did you try this by any chance?

Go to Control Panel's "Time & Language" and then "Region & language" and choose "Additional date, time & regional settings". In "Region", choose "Change date, time or number formats". change the number separtor to dot, restart Maya
https://www.windowscentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/xlarge/public/field/image/2016/12/ch...]

Message 13 of 19

I changed the number formats as described and it seems to work now. 

Strange...

Message 14 of 19

Great! So you are up and running!

We do know there is a problem and we are actively working on it!

I will let the others know that in your particular case, the 'changing the number format' workaround has you up and running. 

Message 15 of 19

Yes. Tested various scenarios. Seems to work for now. At least in my case.

Good to know, that you are working on bugfixes. I am looking forward to the next bifrost update. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long 🙂

Thank you!

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: syracoj

This worked for me aswell, thank you for sharing.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous

Thought it worked changing the time/region settings, it did not work when I restarted Maya again. Hope this bug gets resolved eventually.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous

Thought it worked changing the time/region settings, it did not work when I restarted Maya again. Hope this bug gets resolved eventually.

Message 19 of 19
syracoj

Did your keyboard and OS level language and localization settings revert on the restart? Maya should just pick up the OS settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report