Did you mean: 

Convert .cad file to .dwg

83 REPLIES 83
SOLVED
Message 1 of 84
Anonymous
17391 Views, 83 Replies

Convert .cad file to .dwg

Hello!. I want to use a model I found but the format is in .cad, I did a lot of research and can't find at least a demo or trial of QuickCAD that I think was used to create the file. I downloaded other CAD programs but none recognize .cad 

Can someone assist me to convert the file?, I really need access to the file, and converting to .dwg will give me more choices to use the file (at least open with DWG Trueview?).  

Tags (3)
83 REPLIES 83
Message 61 of 84
Willjoe2442
in reply to: Anonymous

You can easily convert your PDF to DWG on any mobile or tablet device in three simple steps: Open our free PDF to DWG converter in your mobile device's browser. Upload the PDF document for conversion. Download the converted DWG file once the conversion is complete.

Regards,

Will

Message 62 of 84
Kevin.Hutch
in reply to: Willjoe2442

I am intrigued with what program can convert  a pdf file to a vector file format.

I am fascinated how it would be able to identify layering, line thickness, fonts etc.

Kevin Hutch
Be part of the solution not part of the problem
(61) 4 0887 1538
Message 63 of 84
chic_ihinsta

To convert a .cad file to .dwg format, you can use a software program like AutoCAD, which allows for easy conversion between different CAD file formats. Here are the steps to convert a .cad file to .dwg using AutoCAD:

1. Open AutoCAD software and click on the "Application" menu.

2. Select the "Open" option from the dropdown menu and locate the .cad file that you want to convert.

3. Open the .cad file in AutoCAD and then click on the "Save As" option from the "Application" menu.

4. In the "Save As" dialog box, select the .dwg format from the dropdown menu next to the "Save as type" field.

5. Choose the location where you want to save the converted .dwg file and give it a new name if desired.

6. Click on the "Save" button to convert and save the .cad file in .dwg format.

Once the conversion is complete, you should be able to open and edit the .dwg file in AutoCAD or other compatible CAD software programs...

Message 64 of 84
Kevin.Hutch
in reply to: chic_ihinsta

I have been asked by many (possibly 100's) of AutoCAD users to convert files so they could import them into AutoCAD

Not being an AutoCAD user, I was totally unaware and so are many others that any version of AutoCAD could read skd skf files.

I feel you must be confused that AutoSketch can output in dxf and dwg format but if the Autosketch files are in skd or skf format then a working copy of AutoSketch is required to read and convert the files to a format that AutoCAD can read.

In the early days even backward compatibility of AutoCAD drawing files  did not exist for this not wishing to upgrade requiring conversion of new  AutoCAD format to old format and I converted many of those as well via AutoSketch.

Kevin Hutch
(61) 4 0887 1538
Message 65 of 84
guillem_jimenez

Hello,

I also need to convert some .cad files to .dwg. Can someone please help me please?

Thanks!

Message 66 of 84
Kevin.Hutch

Autosketch can not read all CAD files and if as you say it is a model then it cannot read 3D models, it is restricted to old 2D drawings.

Having said that if you post a file we will attempt to convert it.

Kevin Hutch
(61) 4 0887 1538
Message 67 of 84
guillem_jimenez

Hi, the problem is that either I haven't sent you the files or the ones I sent are not possible to convert. Currently, I have 5 files with the .cad extension in each one. I am attacched the archives in the last comment, and you can let me know if you can or cannot convert them. If you cannot, please let me know.

Thanks!

Message 68 of 84

Sprry I missed them on the phone screen but on the PC I was able to convert them to DWG2007 you may need Trueview to read them.

Kevin Hutch
(61) 4 0887 1538
Message 69 of 84
guillem_jimenez

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!

Message 70 of 84

Thank you very much!!!!!
Message 71 of 84

You welcome, the Imposible can usually be done immediately, miracles take considerably longer.

Kevin Hutch
(61) 4 0887 1538
Message 72 of 84
joshV73JY

Hi Kevin, wondering if you could try to convert these for me. I've got 100s of old drawings that i need to convert, and I just want to confirm that they are indeed autosketch and then I'll get my own copy so I can go through them all. Thanks!

Message 73 of 84
Kevin.Hutch
in reply to: joshV73JY

Had a bit of finger trouble all converted with Autosketch V10 no problem with others if needed.

They all appear to be from a company called;

MARINE ENGINE CONTROLS, INC.

You may wish to contact that company as they contain a statement;

`INFORMATION SHOWN ON THIS DRAWING IS PRORIETARY AND OWNED BY MARINE ENGINE CONTROLS, INC. (MECI)º‑…ëQ¸®?        Arialÿÿÿÿ€   \ALL PATENT RIGHTS, MANUFACTURING OR REPRODUCTION USE AND SALES RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY RESERVED

Kevin Hutch
(61) 4 0887 1538
Message 74 of 84
CVETETOKEVEL

Hi Kevin,

Would you be that kind to help me and convert the attached file for me?

Unfortunately I do not know what program the cad file was initially exported from - the project (data/drawings) included some geodetic measurements.

Thank you very much,

Cvetelina

Message 75 of 84
Kevin.Hutch
in reply to: CVETETOKEVEL

HEADER
VERSION 4.00
EKATTE 68727
NAME ±.‘’€ŒŽ‹Ž‚Ž

Unfortunately this is not a drawing that Autosketch can open.

PROGRAM MKADWIN V6.27
DATE 25.09.2020
FIRM ”¨°¬ 
REFERENCE 4560990.000 9435000.000
WINDOW 5 1 105 89
COORDTYPE 1970, «²¨©±ª ,K5
CONTENTS ALLK
COMMENT
END_HEADER

Kevin Hutch
(61) 4 0887 1538
Message 76 of 84
CVETETOKEVEL
in reply to: Kevin.Hutch

Thank you Kevin!

Will see how to figure that out.

Message 77 of 84
Kevin.Hutch

The telltale is the MKADWIN V6.27 it appears the source is a program called MKADWIN.

A bit of detective work using a web search should turn up a source of that program.

Kevin Hutch
(61) 4 0887 1538
Message 78 of 84
thixoman

Hi Kevin, ,

never heard of MKADWIN V6.27, ,  country of origin, , ???

Message 79 of 84
Kevin.Hutch
in reply to: thixoman

Me neither, but there seems to be several references to it in an internet search, just hope the author can decipher it. The reference to windows v5.1 shows it is a n old one.

Kevin Hutch
(61) 4 0887 1538
Message 80 of 84
sisdenka

Hello, can you try to convert this .cad file to .dwg?
Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hbz3AlSINQAvzxVfYkGoaZLmu_UB3vFV/view?usp=sharing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report