Community
Autodesk Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk's Autodesk Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the shared link behaviour

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Oilymo
515 Views, 5 Replies

Change the shared link behaviour

On both the original and new drive platforms, when getting the shared link the option to allow the viewer to download the file defaults to on.  Is it possible to change this to off (I'm using this as a customer viewer only) or at least have something in the settings?

Thanks

Ben

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BenKelley_ADSK
in reply to: Oilymo

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the idea! I'm going to do some research on this. Primarily, we'll need to see how it might impact other users overall if we changed this.

Can you talk a little more about using it as a customer viewer? For example: are you share lots of files with the same few customers repeatedly, or infrequent or one-off sharing with different people each time? Plus anything else you'd like to share.

Also, I'd love to hear thoughts from anyone else reading this.

Thanks!

---

Ben Kelley
Senior Product Manager, Autodesk Drive & Forge Workflow Service

Ben Kelley
Senior Product Manager, Autodesk Drive & Cloud OS
Message 3 of 6
Oilymo
in reply to: BenKelley_ADSK

Hi @BenKelley_ADSK,

Typically our usage is sharing a couple of files with many different customers.  This is why folder sharing option is also better for us.

We have circa 200 customer per year and share between 2 and 4 files with them for viewing only. They can then report back changes they would like and we can upload new source files meaning quick lead times and fewer office visits.

Regards

Ben

Message 4 of 6
BenKelley_ADSK

Thanks for the additional details. May I ask how that feedback is provided? Comments/markup in an Autodesk tool, or something direct like email/Slack/support tickets?

As for changing the default: we'll have to research this further before changing it for everyone, since that could disrupt other customers' workflows. Regardless of the result, I'm grateful for your feedback. 

You also might be interested to hear that we're working on folder sharing right now. Hopefully this will simplify your sharing! I'll post something here once it is available.

---

Ben Kelley

Ben Kelley
Message 5 of 6
Oilymo
in reply to: BenKelley_ADSK

@BenKelley_ADSK 

Feedback is normally in the form of an email but the process starts with a live modelling session in our office (currently screen sharing on Zoom) so customers get an idea of what is changeable. By the time we get to uploading the drawings to the drive they are 90% of where our customers want to be.

Good to hear that folder sharing is in development but still disappointed that it worked perfectly well on the A360 Drive.

Thanks for your updates.

Ben

Message 6 of 6
BenKelley_ADSK

I hear you on folder sharing. We know the move from A360 Drive to Autodesk Drive has caused short-term pain, but we think it will make your life *much* easier long-term, since it will be more tightly integrated with other Autodesk products. 

Thanks again for your feedback. It's great to learn the details of your workflow, so we can try to make it easier!

---

Ben Kelley

Ben Kelley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report