Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Desktop App wont uninstall

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
40496 Views, 24 Replies

Autodesk Desktop App wont uninstall

when I click ok to uninstall, an error pops up saying that it is running. it does not start running until I hit ok to uninstall.  the worst programs are those which will not uninstall. none of the community forum topics work. 

please help me get this software off my computer.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @Anonymous.autodesk.com!

Have you stopped the Windows services (and processes) for that app?

Starting Windows in safe-mode could also help.

>> the worst programs are those which will not uninstall

Windows services are not "normal programs", they are working in the background, doing their jobs and active programs can't be "just uninstalled".

This does not have to do anything with bad or good programs.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 25
rkmcswain

Boot the O/S up in safe mode.

Try again.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 25
alan_gertonson

Look in your task bar menu by your clock in the system tray. You probably have an instance going on down there. Right click on it, select Exit, then you should be able to uninstall.

If not yet, go to your search from your start menu and type in Services. Look for the "service" that's running. Right click on it and select "Stop". 

The combination of those should work. 

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: alan_gertonson

Excellent.  It worked!!

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous

Thank you so much for this post.  Hardest software to get off a computer that I have ever encountered.  Your suggestions got me far enough to start following Autodesk's instructions for a clean uninstall. 

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes, but a good program should have instructions for cleaning uninstalling that can be followed.

Message 8 of 25
pendean

You'll master what these basic Windows error messages mean as you mature and do more software installs and uninstalls at instances where you try to uninstall something when an error pops up saying that it is running.
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous

That suggestion worked - many thanks,

Bob

Message 10 of 25
Anonymous

I just used Task Manager to end the task. That worked like a charm.

Message 11 of 25
asdemeter

I have done EVERYTHING you guys said to do here.  Stopped the service, checked the taskbar for an instance running, etc.  It will NOT uninstall, and just like the original poster here, it keeps saying it's open, but it only opens right when it says that.  I want to update my Autodesk programs, and I use the Desktop App to do that...but it simply isn't working, won't work with anything I've tried and won't even let me uninstall and reinstall.  Exactly what kind of garbage is this?  It was working fine a while back.  No idea when this started, but this sort of bush league stuff really bothers me, considering all the thousands of dollars we pay Autodesk each year for services we end up not having, can barely get any support for and usually turns up the answer of, "Gee, I don't know."

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous

It worked nicely,lots of thanks.
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: asdemeter

I'm not sure if you're still having this issue, but after doing everything they said and getting the same results as you I just re-downloaded and installed the latest version of the app and it started working again. 

Message 14 of 25
asdemeter

Yeah, but that's annoying to do every day. lol
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous

i have tried both of them...

but none of them is working 

pls help me to get out of this...

Message 16 of 25
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> pls help me to get out of this...

Please show us a screenshot of what you get when you try to uninstall Autodesk Desktop App.

Please let us know why you need to uninstall it.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 17 of 25
srinivasarao.potla

Hi@rajeshchodisetti.8150,

Thanks for your feedback.

Exit Autodesk desktop app(from system tray menu)
Stop AdAppMgr Service(task manager)
uninstall from control panel.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: srinivasarao.potla

Hello,

I am also facing the same problem. I am trying to uninstall Autodesk from my pc and I have managed to uninstall everything except from the following: Autodesk Advanced Material Library 2018, Autodesk App Manager 2016-2018, Autodek AutoCAD Performance Feedback Tool 1.2.8, Autodesk Featured Apps 2016-2018, Autodesk Material Library 2018 and Autodesk Material Library Base Resolution Image Library 2018. 

For all of the above I keep getting the same message, that it is still running on the computer even if I have already exited it from the panel that is on the right of my screen. Also I tried to close it from Services but I can't see it running there, nor can I see it on the Task Manager.

Is there any solution to that? Did I do something wrong in the order of uninstalling the rest of the applications? And if so, what can I do to fix it?

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous

Message 20 of 25
Anonymous

Find Task Manager(Ctrl+Shift+Esc)

choose process tab- end process for AdAppMgr

choose Service tab- stop for AdAppMgrSvc

Then go bk to control panel and right click uninstall.

Hope it will help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report