Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update inventor to professional

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
436 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to update inventor to professional

Fellow users,

I have been using Autodesk inventor with the license which is on the server. By that I mean I had to connect to server to use inventor. Recently I have acquired personal Inventor professional license on my autodesk account. Tried installing it with autodesk desktop app, which is the easy way to do it. When I connect to autodesk account in autodesk desktop app, I do see in my products Autodesk Inventor professional and it is available to install. I did press install indeed, but it lets me do it over and over again. After every install process, the button changes from install to installed for a brief second, but then again is available for installation. Tried restarting the computer for changes to take place, but nothing changed. Tried launching Inventor itself, that also did not change anything. Also logging in and out after installation did not change anything. I do not want to delete inventor and reinstall from scratch, because I have really specific settings in it which aid my work, and it would mean I have to set everything anew. I was wondering if anyone has encountered similar problem or even better knows the solution to it. 

Thank you in advance! 

License type is commercial 
System specs in screenshot.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

have you tried downloading directly from your Autodesk Account?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I did. It downloads professional installation, which is update from current version I assume because it is only 12 mb, there are other options but those are 12 gb or something like that, which is full program I guess. When I launch that installer I downloaded (12 mb), it shows that everything is installed, and the button for further installation is grey.  In screenshot there is all I see. As stated before, I'm really hesitant to reinstall because of current settings. There is also other thread with same problem, but different program which states that reinstalling did not help.  (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autodesk-desktop-app/revit-2017-2-1-update-not-installing/m-p/7927555)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report