Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel Connections 2018 Update 1 Failed

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jasonmccool8686
727 Views, 5 Replies

Steel Connections 2018 Update 1 Failed

Desktop App prompts to install Steel Connections Update 1 for Revit 2018 from 3 days ago (July 14, 2017). Clicking Update button gives "Install Failed" error with message "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel." If clicking Modify/Uninstall in Control Panel, a long series of error dialogs appears saying that a setup resource dll could not be found.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jasonmccool8686

I have this issue as well, except I do not have all the errors pop up when trying to modify the installation from Programs and Features.

I tried to repair the installation of Steel Connections 2018, but it didn't help.

Message 3 of 6
srinivasarao.potla
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello@jasonmccool8686

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please send me the log files.

please find the attachment for log file instructions.

Please try this

• Exit ADA
  • Stop AdAppMgr Service
  • %Programdata% > Autodesk > Delete the “SDS” folder
  • Restart ADA.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Message 4 of 6

Is there an email or ftp you'd like me to send these log files to? BTW, the new Steel Connections update doesn't show up in the Desktop App anymore. Now in Control Panel/ Programs and Features, I get a message to "Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed" if I click on Uninstall/Change, so I suspect things are still a little mixed up in the Desktop App. However, Steel Connections still appears to work inside Revit 2018.

Message 5 of 6

Hellow@jasonmccool8686

Thanks for your response.

Please try this

• Exit ADA
  • Stop AdAppMgr Service
  • %Programdata% > Autodesk > Delete the “SDS” folder
  • Restart ADA.

Still you have problem, please try this,

Please send me the log files. Srinivasarao.potla@autodesk.com

Please find the attachment for log file instructions.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Message 6 of 6

hello@jasonmccool8686

I haven’t find any steel connections for Revit 2018 update for Revit 2018. I haven’t find in logs and Axon also.

I sent an email to Revit product team, they confirmed that, steel connections for Revit 2018 update is  no longer available on ADA.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report