Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Start" button missing for Maya in Desktop App, "Installed" button greyed out

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1832 Views, 6 Replies

"Start" button missing for Maya in Desktop App, "Installed" button greyed out

Hello. I installed 3ds Max and Maya with student licenses from within Autodesk Desktop App. After installing, for 3ds Max I have the green "Start" button, but for Maya I have a greyed-out button saying "Installed" (in German) where the Start button should be. Since there is no other button, I can neither start nor un-/reinstall Maya.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Before I reinstall the Desktop App and both programs, which might take multiple hours, without knowing if that helps, I'd like to know if there is an easier fix.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi@kraemer_raimund,

Thanks for your feedback.

Autodesk desktop App always try to display latest version of the product. For 2017 products it shows installed and for 2018 products it shows launch, after installation of the product. I think its expected behavior.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

It seems as if Maya 2017 is the most recent version, and there is no 2018 yet. Also I would assume that the app being installed is of course required in order for it being started, so I don't know why it doesn't allow to launch. And shouldn't I be able to start my version, independently from whether there is a newer one?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi@

Thanks for your feedback.

Launch button will support 2018 products. For 2017 products Autodesk desktop app will display as installed after installation of the product. its expected behavior. I think you can't launch 2017 products from Autodesk desktop app.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Srinivas.     

Message 5 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Thank you for posting. 

Just to clarify, you do not need to launch your Autodesk application in the Autodesk Desktop App you can select it from the "Windows Start" then "All Programs" followed by double-clicking the application. 

Maya 2017 is not the latest version, but you may not have the 2018 version registered to your student account. For each product & version, you wish to have access to & receive in your Autodesk Account visit the  "Free Software" page & select it from the drop-down. 

Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 7
natasha.l
in reply to: natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

I wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue & are able to launch Maya now. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community. 

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks sir...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report