Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last update requiring logins

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
systemdesigninc
653 Views, 7 Replies

Last update requiring logins

As the Autodesk Desktop App updates through our office all of a sudden it wants login in order to check for updates. Do I really have to create 20+ user for it to find updates once again?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: systemdesigninc

That's how this bloatware works.
Message 3 of 8

Hi systemdesigninc,

Unfortunately, to be able to receive the contract restricted updates to the you need to be logged in to the ADA and non contract restricted updates are usually just security fixes.

Once you are logged in to the ADA the entitlements and contract restricted updates (available to your installed products) will be visible and available to download and install.

If you already have the previously used user accounts with the passwords you can use them to log back into the ADA on each machine.

Regards,

Kristofer

Message 4 of 8

It never wanted it in the past and it's kinda stupid that it does now. So you are telling me I need to log in to those machines with an account that has administrative level access to our account with autodesk??

Message 5 of 8
pendean

It should have always asked for a log-in: its part of the license verification process for subscription updates (what this bloatware does). Perhaps there used to be a log-in and now it reset to none?
Message 6 of 8

Hi systemdesigninc,

I do not know what type of subscription you have but If you are using a Network license for the 20+ machines, I believe you as a Contract Manager can assign the Software Coordinators and Named Users that get assigned seats that can then log in, install, update and use the products.

Not every user needs or should be a Contract Manager or Software Coordinator.

Here is an extensive guide on How to Set Up, Install, and Manage Your Software and Users:

ADK-15015_Subscription_eBook_final.pdf

"Set Up Users Before users can download, install and use their subscription products and benefits, the Contract Manager or Software Coordinator MUST (1) add the users in Autodesk Account AND (2) give users access to products and benefits.

This two-step setup process is often called Naming Users or User Management.

SINGLE OR MULTIPLE USER SETUP Autodesk Account allows you to add a single user or enter a list of multiple users and assign the same benefits to all users at one time. Users will be notified of any addition to a contract or change in benefits at the email address associated with their User ID."

2017-07-12_1607.png

I hope this helps but this is not really related to the ADA so if you need more help with the specifics on this please try and ask in the "Installation & Licensing" part of the forum and get better help.

Regards,

Kristofer

Message 7 of 8

We currently have stand alone licenses that are multiple seat. Have never had to have a login for 3 years all of a sudden it needs it to update. Autodesk seems to be bent on making everything more difficult to manage in their software. I get that they are trying to stop people pirating the software but making it harder on LEGALLY paying customers seems counter productive and not a great business model. Heck, I can't even get a usb with the software on it and have to use a bandwidth sucking, unreliable, massive download method to install of software that my business have paid upwards of 100k in renewals and initial purchases like a USB that probably cost under 5 dollars in bulk is too much to ask for when your paying close to 20k a year in renewal. Sorry for the rant, but this stuff added to the "managing 2 license models is just TOOOO much to do" garbage when the cost of the software is high and the renewals is high is mind boggling irritating, and no, going to this "subscription" model doesn't really solve any of it. It's just makes it more difficult for network and cad admins to do their jobs by adding tasks that weren't there before.

Message 8 of 8
pendean

so in our office, I've uninstalled this useless bloatware and push the updates manually only when I decide after I test them.

How about that as an option?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report