Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infrastructure Parts Editor 2019.1 Update Won't Install

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
kadeking
1458 Views, 7 Replies

Infrastructure Parts Editor 2019.1 Update Won't Install

On my Autodesk Desktop App, Infrastructure Parts Editor 2019.1 Update won't install and gives me the "Install error 1603: Fatal error during installation". If I click on SEE MORE it goes to this article - http://help.autodesk.com/view/ADSKAPP/ENU/?guid=GUID-EC38E59D-FCB2-4EC7-B4AC-786E29475C0C and then to this article - http://help.autodesk.com/view/ADSKAPP/ENU/?guid=GUID-E40CFEAC-EE59-4892-80CC-F87ADFC502CD.

Emptying the TEMP folder and checking to see if the Windows Installer Services are running are no help at all.

I'd like to get this installed if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks!

KaDe

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi@kadeking,

Thanks for your feedback.

I am not able to reproduce the issue. 

2019-01-02_1010.png2019-01-02_1014.png

i would like to know more about the issue. could you please send me the log files?

Please find the attachment for log file instructions.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Message 3 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: kadeking

MSI 1603 error is essentially like saying "something went wrong and we have no idea what it was". Do other installs work? I presume you've rebooted and tried again. Do you have another PC on which to try? I would try it here, but I don't have Infraworks installed. Perhaps you could ask in the Infraworks forum also?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 8
kadeking
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yes, it even prompted me to reboot when I tried to run the install (for like the 4th time). But still not working.

I'm going to pull the logs as suggested by Srinivas above.

Message 5 of 8

I've zipped all the logs and they are attached.

Message 6 of 8
natasha.l
in reply to: kadeking

Hello @kadeking

When you uninstalled the application did you use the  Clean Uninstall method & use the MSfixitTool to complete it. This issue maybe due to system registries from the previously installed applications that need to be cleaned from the system. 

In the meantime, you can try to use your Autodesk Account to apply updates. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 7 of 8

I had the same problem and here's what worked for me:

I had an entry in my registry "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Autodesk\Infrastructure Parts Editor" that once removed solved the problem.  It was a leftover from an old Kameleon beta.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Infrastructure Parts Editor]
"ProductLine"="KAMELEON"
"ReleaseIn"="2018"
"ProductCode"="{58E36D07-4420-0000-0102-C854F44898ED}"
"Release"="18.2.2.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Infrastructure Parts Editor\FileVersion]
"FileVersion"="18.2.2.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Infrastructure Parts Editor\ProductCode]

Message 8 of 8

Thank you very much! Using REGEDIT and removing that registry key resolved the issue!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report