Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DACH Extension for Civil 3D - How can I block this update in the desktop app?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
braymondKR2K4
645 Views, 1 Reply

DACH Extension for Civil 3D - How can I block this update in the desktop app?

Hopefully this is simple... but this update has caused issues with all of our cad platforms for many years as its always accidentally installed with all of the autodesk updates.
I can see the autodesk account (through internet browser) can be set to ignore, but this isn't how we receive our updates... so I want to prevent this from installing in the future.
Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
natasha.l
in reply to: braymondKR2K4

Hello @braymondKR2K4

Updates do not automatically install from the Autodesk Desktop app, so you don't have to worry about that. 

Although, if you'd like to disable update notifications you can do so. Administrators also have the option to unassign product & services to users in an Autodesk Account. 

Please follow these steps to disable Autodesk Desktop app update notifications:

1. Open the Autodesk Desktop App Manager.
  2. Click the name in the top-right → Settings.
  3. Toggle "Notify me about new products and updates".

Please follow the steps to unassign products by user in Autodesk Account's:

1. Sign in to your account at manage.autodesk.com and click User Management > By User.
    Note: If you're in classic user management, see Assign products and services in classic user management.
  2. Select a user to view the products assigned to them.
  3. Select a product.
    • To unassign the product and all its associated items, click Unassign.
    • To customize which product items to unassign, click the arrow next to Unassign. Clear the items you want to remove and click Save changes.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report